1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Boots' Thread For Daft Questions

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by bootsam, Aug 30, 2021.

1. the above solution usually ends in tears also.

2. Fished the offending article out. Its a black plastic thing which I think was used for the datatag thing.

Tank refitted and connected. Still no start. But I do have a much more pronounced pump priming. Remember to replace fuel tank drainage screw before refilling with fuel. Ye, I forgot but only spilt a small amount.

I'll go back to basics over weekend. I will check the timing for the umpteenth time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. How far gone were the old pipes? When mine turned to jelly I had crap going down the pipes to the injectors which gavee the same symptoms as before. I had a spare set of throttle bodies so swapped them and all was good.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. The pipes were jelly but only the outer up to the reinforcement was jellyfied. I think the internal part remained firm. But I will test the injectors. Once I find out how to go about doing that.

5. just as i said from the start. i knew it wasnt a fuel issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I knew also, but had to eliminate it once I found the dodgy pipes within the tank. I think its the timing, despite triple bloody checking it. It is the only thing that may have changed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. :innocent:
    i guess if your happy with the ignition, fuel pressure/.delivery rate and v.timming. having a look at injector resistance and spray pattern is next.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You can power them up with a 9v battery and blow through with some carb cleaner or brake cleaner.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Goddamned fuel pump is not priming. Got power to the connector plug under tank, fuses and relay all ok. Pump stays silent...

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Eprom hasn't come loose?

11. Got power to the pump, but pump says no.

12. At least that's easy then, pumps not working lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. +12V is good but ECU pulling down the other side to 0V is even better. Does it not run for a few secs even after turning on ignition?

14. Took pump out completely. Filter/strainer at bottom was so blocked that when I took it off, the fuel inside didn't leak out!

Put 12V to pump directly. Nothing. Tried again. Nothing. Then did it and knocked it against the vice. After a splutter, it spun up, shat out some detritus and away it went. Looks like it had been blocked. I'd already ordered a new pump, filter and vitron orings.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Tracking a 1299S.

What do people do taking a 1299 road bike to a track in regards to the front and rear lights, indicators etc. I appreciate I remove number plate holder, complete with indicators and mirrors etc. Will their disconnection throw an error on dash? Additionally, do I just pull the fuse for the lights? Will this throw an error and can I just ignore if it does. Answers on a postcard to...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information