1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brands Gp 30th July

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by zxstu, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Any forum members going on Monday with NL.

2. Yep!
    I shall be in Inters 2 on a ratty 749R.
    I believe @trevorhavoc may be going too?

• Like Like x 1
  3. None of my bikes will pass the static noise test for the GP circuit.:worried: Andy

4. I have a bag of wire wool in case I need to stuff it down the pipes! Not so good for fuelling but burns off in a session...

5. Weather looks bit iffy lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. My standard 1299s always fail static but never been black flagged on drive by.
    Normally run in advanced group but they were fully booked so ended up booking a place in the inters.
    I keep a look out for a ratty 749r Ricky X.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hi

Yep, 6 of us there Monday on a selection of stuff, mines the white 999R in Martini colours as per Avatar.. come say hello ...

8. Might just do that...didn’t I borrow a set of wets off you back in the 90’s?

9. Only on slicks so might miss the first session
    And keep fingers crossed it gets better lol

10. It’ll be fine! Be hopeful!

11. Good Man lol

12. wot does it read on the static test ,so u don't have problems them letting u out on track, I have a v4 & was thinking of going on 20th aug but its a long way to go from Nottingham to find they wont let me on track

13. wot do u have & wot pipes r on them & wot is the static test show

14. It varies from 103 upto 107 , they see its standard ,test it but also put dB on the fairing sticker indicating drive by.Monday will be 5th time on the GP in 2 years.

15. thanks that's worth knowing

16. I used to run an 853 with a 54mm race system (no baffles) tested at 104db static and I now run a 1098R with a 70mm race system (baffles) tested at 105db static. The last time I used Brands, the GP circuit static noise test limit was 102db/92db drive by which I think they are now applying to the Indie circuit as well. I would love to try my Multistrada on track but as that has a straight through decat exhaust, even with the baffle fitted, it’s louder than both my track bikes. Things aren’t going to get any better when the V4 arrives either. It’s no real hardship, I do 6 days in Spain plus the Ducati day at Silverstone. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  17. This nasty weather better blow over by tomorrow!

18. Weather has been shite this morning looking good this afternoon.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information