1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brands Gp 30th July

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by zxstu, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Great to meet up with some old faces yesterday
    @trevorhavoc @final_edition @Dibble @749er

Weather was indeed shite+ in the morning but cleared beautifully after lunch.

There's more corners on the GP circuit than the Indy! Physical!

#21 RickyX, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. To echo what a few others have said, was pants in the morning .... but got a few decent sessions in the afternoon, spent the morning dismantling stuff, even wielded some tools, not mine I hasten to add so ended up with new clip-ons and some new slick fitted .....

Downside, blew the fork seals .... but hey ho ....

Had a right laugh chasing Kev in the last session, spooked myself when I got my knee down at Druids, apparentlythat was funny to watch lol .....

Special thanks to Andy for the donuts and everyone that helped dismantle and re-assemble my bike, now realise why I usually have 'a man' for that stuff lol ....

Good to meet you and your mad plumber mate Stu .... he was funny ......

3. wot was u riding & wot was ur static level

4. Was this aimed at anyone in particular or me ?

If for me, then I was on the 999R in my avatar, running a 57mm termi system and fully baffled, came in at 97db but was strangled to f*** between 3-4k in 3rd ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Was this aimed at anyone in particular or me ?

If for me, then I was on the 749R in my avatar, running a 57mm termi system and fully baffled, came in at 98db.
    Basically, they make it up on the day.

6. What Dibble said above and good to bump into @RickyX. Only been about 8 or 9 years!

As for noise testing 1299 was 106.8 static at 5500rpm.

No issue on track though.

Shame about the weather but a day out with yer mates is a day out with yer mates, whatever the weather

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yes had a good two sessions at the end lol lol.
    Good to meet RickyX and his good friend on KTM.
    Sorry i did not get a chance to meet Mr Dibble.
    My R1M is so good on track still LOVE Ducati but in my opinion R1M is a better Track Bike for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. so they let u go on track even with ur static being well about the 101 limit

9. do u have standard pipes

10. Yes

11. I had the 1299s on standard pipes got 103.5 dB no issues on track.
    I heard an angle grinder at one stage in the garages - somebody was having fun!
    Good to meet Dibble,David and the others.

12. I had the 1299s on standard pipes got 103.5 dB no issues on track.
    I heard an angle grinder at one stage in the garages - somebody was having fun!
    Good to meet Dibble,David and the others.

13. Yes

My understanding is that Ducati U.K. got MSV to accept that driveby is more relevant than static.

One of our group passed static testing but set off the noise meters so he got black flagged. They take a photo to make sure they get the right bike.

Back in 2009 is so they let me out on track on a Daytona 675 which was 109db static

Do Not Sell My Personal Information