1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breakdown Cover - Recommend Me Please

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Zhed46, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Yeah. But it’s just yet more ball ache.

I’m going one better after Xmas actually by getting rid of my never used 911 and buying a race van/motorhome type thingy which will definitely get used.

• Like Like x 1
  2. He won
    Best idea ever. https://www.ketterer-trucks.de/en/models.html
    These are brilliant trucks that come in many configurations

• Like Like x 1
  3. Been with the RAC for years, didn’t use them for years, then a couple of years back my car broke down twice, I got a puncture on a bike, daughters car broke down and wife’s car broke down, they were there in every case within 40 minutes, couldn’t fault them, the only thing to watch is the renewal, call them when you get the reminder and say your leaving, without quibble they’ll give you the cover for the previous years cost.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Now if I was a pampered MotoGP star that would be just the job. Tbh, what I get is more likely to be a Vivaro van or ambulance conversion with somewhere to stick the bike and tools or I’ll tow the bike behind it on a trailer (you can’t even fit a tow bar to a 911/996 apparently, though I imagine @bradders will be along in a minute to tell me I can and I should!)

I was tempted by this proto Zhed Disco Bus but where the F would I park it in that London?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/123919819968

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You probably can but would mean cutting bumper if so.

breakdown cover wise, AA most likely to get you going rather than just organic use a pick up. Insurance company most likely to have things like accident cover incl - drop you bike, brake a lever and aa/Rac will class as rta and you’ll probably have to pay for recovery

• Like Like x 1
  6. That’s awesome but parking deffo a problem. The X factor tour bus was for sale a while back all pumped out, only 10 k.
    When I was motocrossing all over the place I had a red ex post office Sherpa with a roller shutter on the back and a sleeping bag lol
    My mate just sold his ketterer for 260k

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you’re thinking van, be very careful of London emissions nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Exactly. That’s one of the other reasons I’m selling the Porsche.

ULEZ extends to about a mile short of my house in about 18 months time, so I won’t get an exemption but I will have to pay £12.50 every time I collect my girlf from the tube. Cheers, Mr Mayor! :mad:

9. Get a new girlfriend that lives the other way :kissing:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Better still, get out of that London!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I use them. Personal cover. That way you only ha e to register one vehicle I think.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. That’s the long term plan for us both. Somewhere semi-country (Herts/Essex - some nice roads out there) with a garage but near a train station that can get us into London. But for now, we will be moving but staying local ish until her career gets going and settled. She’s a fair bit younger than me (49 v 34) and also went to uni a bit later than usual and only graduated last year (architecture) so she’s literally just last week landed her first proper “career” job (previous jobs were noddy/temping work and a bit of modelling) as an urban designer. Hence we don’t want to move too far too soon.

#52 Zhed46, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  13. Surprised you've got time / energy to ride the bikes and post on here ;)

TB

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. It is true then ,that Ducati,s are a fanny magnet :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. At one time my insurance cover included the AA. They have a neat trick for response times, they send a motorbike agent who confirms he can't fix it and then orders the truck incorporating the extended wait.

TB

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. :laughing:

Sorry. Wishful thinking on my part. She’s 34, not 24 - which is the same age as my daughter, who herself has a daughter, so though I feel more like a 19 year old, I’m actually a grandad!

The joke is on the girlf though, as that makes her a step-grandma

17. Fair play to getting yourself a younger partner. Hope she don’t talk like Kevin mcloud though? Lol

18. Yes, but judging by some of what goes on in the Speakers Corner section of this forum, as @finm ’s signature says, “Just the wrong type of fanny” :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Railway station..:innocent:

20. Green flag have been great for me.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information