1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo Caliper Bolts

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by CarloL, Sep 7, 2019.

1. These are also know as shoulder bolts as theyre not fully threaded

2. Maybe try a machine bolt supplier, they have all sorts of stock as a rule, or they can order them and fair prices

3. Yeah, I've encountered the long bolts with a short thread before, shallow head bolts are usually specials, something you won't find at B & Q lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. You reckon these will be any good for tensile strength?

https://www.westfieldfasteners.co.u...PsFTJjOjfUiGQaR-g-Dn5iEF-5QfQQisaAo2YEALw_wcB

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. And probably slightly stronger than Stilton..... without the smell:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I have physically been to Westfield to pick up some fasteners. I would certainly buy from them again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. A2 is the grade of stainless used for commercial kitchen surfaces and light duty automotive stuff. The following is cut and paste from a reputable fixing sellers web site and it relates to the highest grade A2 referred to as A2 70
    Where Can I Use A2-70 Stainless Steel Bolts ?
    A2-70 Can Be Safely Used To Hold Car Body Panels And Bumpers; Wing (Fender) Bolts, Hinge Bolts, Handles, Locks, Light Fittings Etc.
    A2-70 Can Be Safely Used On Non-Mechanically Loaded Engine Components Where A Simple Clamping Action Is Required (Subject To Torque Limitations).
    i.e: Inlet & Exhaust Manifold Attachment, Ancilliary Attachment, Pipe Clamps, Flange Joining etc.
    A2-70 Can Also Be Used For Securing Access Panels, Cover Plates And Accessory Items To The Vehicle.

Where Should I NOT Use A2-70 Stainless Steel Bolts ?
    A2-70 Should Not Be Used In Heavily Loaded Mechanical Or Structural Areas.
    Areas Of Direct Loading On The Suspension.
    Areas Of Direct Loading On The Steering Column And Linkages.
    Active Engine Componets (Con-Rods, Crank Shaft, Clutch, Transmission & Power Off-Takes)
    Active Gearbox And Power-Train Components.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. A4 grade is not automatically A4-80.

9. Sorry misunderstood you, completely agree.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Been using Probolt titanium for nearly 20 years with no problems, but recently using forged titanium bolts from ProTi in Taiwan. They have a tensile strength up to 1764MPa and available in 4 colours, they also look amazing!....but Very expensive!!

8E64F5AE-BD3A-469F-8778-CB28CDE79839.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Slightly old thread but thought I’d mention replacing my Brembo Calliper M8x1.25pitchx40mm bolts on my Monster 1000 with titanium TORX head bolts. Pretty much replace all my bolts for TORX head. Anyway as purchased have a head diameter of 15.9mm but the recessed holes can only accommodate 14mm and have a slight radii at the outer edges. Anyway bought 8 shouldered washer bolts and machined to size with a slight radii on the inside. As you can see T40 head with 25mm rolled thread as per original fasteners. Bolts as they arrived but with PRO and race Ti laser etched on the side. Would have love to have kept the words but not possible due to reduced diameter to fit my callipers. Logo removed with some wet and dry whilst turned in my lathe.

948016DC-5C82-4273-A9CE-CBC19C315E06.jpeg No more rusting heads which always annoyed me.

A270BA52-2B79-4C2D-9A60-57EBF050719E.jpeg 2684820D-5B18-4C2E-AD5D-A71D4B0AF47B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Not a fan of torx myself - ive always found the head too small in relation to the bolt diameter ( ive had lots fail )....but thats just me - stick to regular bolt or allen key head.

13. Exact opposite for me.

14. Anyone got the torque setting for said bolts? Specifically for two pot rear caliper for a 2015 monster 1200

15. no - just "reasonably tight"!

16. The service manual says 25nm (grease threads) but i have also seen online that this is wrong and they should be 44nm :D,so hopefully somebody will come along and give a definitive answer .

17. I went with 30Nm…close enough.

Not the right thread, I know but I have to say I’m miffed with Brembo. Wanted to overhaul my rear caliper but they don’t sell seals & pots kits. You HAVE to buy a new caliper…or trust the aftermarket!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information