1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Brembo Rcs19 Fitment.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Nelson, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Fine for @Nelson 899 then!
    For848/1098 just need Superseal connector.

2. Isn't it the case that the 19 is not really suited to the piston sizes? I thought 17's were for the Panigale? I don't know the 899 caliper spec compared to the 1299 tbh but something to check/confirn/consider?

3. Ok on the 899

#23 Nelson, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  4. 17s for M50 callipers. 899 has M4s or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anyone know of a source for these? BSD do them, but carry the BSD premium!
    [​IMG]

6. Swap the switch and the m/c the other way round so the switch sits outside the m/c bracket.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm with you: there must be a way. Its only a bar, a switch and a lever!

8. You need a longer bar.
    The Pani has long clip ons as is.
    Don't want bloody cow horns!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. must admit, thats one of the things I liked when I rode it, those wide bars.

10. I swapped the switch and RCS on my 748 with no problem. Its a snug fit but it does work.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Useful thread :upyeah:

12. Happens sometimes ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I had this same problem fitting mine before Portimao. You have to swap the switch and the lever anyway, because as others mentioned, the shape of the lever won’t go around the rbw throttle assembly. Even swapped, it doesn’t fit due to the shape of the M/C clashing with the back of the switch housing. All I did was notch out a bit of the back of the switch housing so the M/C can go through the corner of it. Simple.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Oh, and it works fine with the 959 calipers and ABS (although I only have that on 1 so it doesn’t come on anyway). The standard M/C is pants and in no way worthy of being put on the 959.

15. @Jolley Is the kill switch still within easy reach when swapped? Also is the switch still weather proof when notched?
    Cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information