1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Brembo Recall

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by jqworle, Dec 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Actually received a letter from ducati today advising me of a safety campaign for front brake piston replacement, so Ducati are on the ball .

2. I got my letter today as well

3. This recall has been known about for some time. Why is the 1260 affected? Are they just fitting the new bikes with faulty parts and replacing them at a later stage?

4. The 1260s delivered this calendar year were in manufacture before the decision that there was a problem was made. Simple as that, nothing sinister. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Got my recall letter yesterday. Sounds like it could only be a problem after some extreme circumstances. I’m not worried about it but will book it in when the weather improves

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. What rear brake? Is this a Ducati extra or a third party product?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. My dealer did the fix today. Also had an Oberon clutch slave fitted. Why I waited 7500 miles to do that I'll never know...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Also have just fitted at an Oberon clutch slave on my 2016 PP, after the oem failed. So so much better.

9. I am not familiar with Oberon, what does the aftermarket do that OEM doesn’t?
    TIA

• Like Like x 1
  10. Work !!!!

Also makes the clutch a lot lighter and I think smoother.

If you look on You Tube loads of reviews

11. Yup - lightens the clutch pull significantly (great around town). While the Multi isn't like the old dry clutches, it still is a harder pull than my GS and the KTM I recently rode.

12. Anyone had much experience with taking a bike in for an MOT that's also been flagged for a recall and failed the MOT as a result? From what I've read on the interweb, it says "the vehicle may fail it's MOT" which I presume means it probably would fail. I plan to get the Brembo Brake Master Cylinder recall work sorted on mine, it's just that it's also due it's MOT and just trying to co-ordinate to avoid having to visit the MOT centre twice. Looks as if a bunch of models from 2015 onwards are affected by the recall, and with the 2015 ones all due their first MOT this year, I guess some other riders out there should keep this in mind, although you're all likely one step ahead already! ;)

13. This has affected KTM's as well. I believe their dealers are starting recalls in February and they're already notifying owners by letter. KTM UK has a link on their website where you can enter your VIN number to see if your bike is affected. Don't Ducati have something similar?

14. Yes they do

15. I'm picking up a new 1290 SuperAdventure S next week, they should do the recall before I pick it up, assuming they have the parts. Aprilia also is on the hit list.

16. Got my recall letter today, reading through it I had to laugh, it says the front brake might be affected but "the rear brake will not be affected by the problem and works properly" Hah! :)

17. Apparently my 1260 is not on the recall list:upyeah:

18. Got my 1299S booked in next Friday to get done

19. Got my letter friday morning. They can sod off for now, i,m not riding in this cold weather & salt everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. That’s what vans and winter are for. Get the service work done in the winter while you’re not using it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information