1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Brembo Recall

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by jqworle, Dec 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Iv.e got my van so i suppose i could take it over to the dealers. Its a fair way just the risk of dropping it in the van. Nah i,ll wait till the Sun comes out.

2. Big girls blouse Stevo :p

#62 Wayne58, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Got my letters for the multi and cafe racer yesterday

4. I have now received two identical letters from Ducati about the brake recall. Getting it done next Wednesday. May as well have an Oberon clutch slave fitted too - the OEM one hasn't gone wrong yet, but I don't want to wait until it does.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
  6. YEH :cool::cool:
    :D

• Like Like x 1

7. Yeah!.................fancy not putting it in his van in case he drops it ?????

:)

8. Bike booked into Riders Bridgwater for the 24th feb for the recall .

9. Got my letter today, in at On Yer Bike Aylesbury 13th.

Excuse to ride it if nothing else, will wait for it and drink tea.

10. Phoned my dealer today to book in service in during March, plus two recalls (this one plus the water hose) as bike not been out of shed since Oct. Was told probably won’t get the brakes done because Brembo can’t keep up with the demand!

I said is the bike safe to ride then because my letter advises me not to unless I’m going to have it fixed. He said off the record I wouldn’t be too bothered about it! I said what about having it on the bloody record

11. Are they replacing the front master cylinder as a complete assembly or stripping it down and just replacing the effected plastic piston?

12. Strip and replace the plastic piston with an aluminium one only. Andy

13. It's just the piston.

14. Strip and replace the plastic piston with an aluminium one only. Andy

15. Just the affected part.

16. Had my monster R in for a service light rest and upmap today at local dealer

I bought it in the summer from mv west midland which is bloody miles away but the bike and deal seemed good(used to be Ducati)

When I bought it I specifically asked if this recall had been done and he said it had

Anyway my local dealer said it hasn’t and I’ve checked with Ducati and they confirmed it hasn’t been done. I asked them to keep the part that came out which was the original plastic part not the updated one.

The perils of buying a bike 200+ miles away...

Just bled the bloody brakes and fitted DP leavers so that was a complete waste of time.

#77 flatstick959, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information