1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone S22

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by BladeRR8, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Snett is a power track to be fair. So a lot easier to make times on a litre bike.

if you’re beating 1000’s at snet you’re doing alright ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loving the S22s on my 899, road use only and I’ve tried the original Pirelli’s and Michelin Power RS but just don’t get enough miles out of either of those two, shagged by about 1,800 miles!

I just checked the S22s after my ride today, this tyre has done 2,300 miles

6E6B2A1F-7E42-4B48-A8C6-CD1EA8393AA0.jpeg

Now from new you only get 4.5mm to the tread wear bar and as I say this one has done 2,300 miles already, measured it down to the wear bar again and it’s still got 1.7mm of tread left before it hits the wear bar, I reckon this tyre will do over 3,000 miles in total easily :upyeah:

B41AA960-73CB-4B3C-BD86-BBACE6BCF61D.jpeg

Edge to edge grip and they don’t get an easy life, so to me this is the best suited tyre for the 899 I’ve tried yet.
    I’ve got a brand new set in the garage waiting for my new BST carbon wheels turning up ( almost 3 months I’ve been waiting for them now :( ) I’ve been told they’ve left South Africa so I should have them in another 7-10 days,.....summer will be over by then :rolleyes: !

• Like Like x 3
  3. Summer ends a week on Friday...just saying:(

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks for cheering me up DS :laughing::laughing: !

5. I wasn’t trying to cheer you up bud it was intended a a public service, however I’m chuffed that it has lightened your mood.

I actually feel I’ve accomplished something very unusual in that I’ve made a Yorkshireman extremely happy. :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Not a Yorkshireman really, more of the Durham area....joking aside the weather has been flippin brilliant lately :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Just spotted this thread, as some of you know I've got a Gen3 Superduke R this comes standard with S22's (although the specific SDR variety).

They're a cracking tyre, I was running the bike in over winter and the day I collected the bike it was pouring with rain, they work well in wet, cold, even snow as I found out and sun in the last few weeks.

My SDR is coming up to around 2,500 miles (Jeez that's a little over 6 months old) and the rear is shot, but being honest these Superdukes have so much torque I'm surprised it's lasted this long to be fair, got another new tyre sat there ready to go on for the remainder of summer.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information