1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Bridgestone V02 On A 899

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by carson, May 9, 2018.

1. Ok, I've now done six track days on the tires. I like them a lot, they are very grippy and last longer than Pirelli. No problems with DTC or with the profile. So I can recommend them without any hesitation.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I race on V02's. They're a great tyre and the sizing of them is a little different to a 200 Pirelli Slick. They only do one main size rear, and I've seen plenty of people racing on them on 600's and 675's on a 5.5 rim as well as 1000's on a wider rim, so you'd be absolutely fine on them on an 899
    The Soft/Medium compound is the other way around to an SC1/2 in that it refers to the stiffness of the carcass rather than the compound of the rubber.
    For hotter weather, you want a medium, and when it's cooler, you want a soft as it'll retain heat better.
    It's also best to run them at slightly different pressures than the recommended to get the best out of them. I'd run typically 20psi rear and 35-6 front, which I'd set hot off the warmers and then reduce again to those numbers straight in off the track.
    Have a chat with Bob Collins at FWR as he's the UK importer, a decent level racer, and stocks loads of different brands, so can give you a fairly unbiased opinion.
    FWR's number is 0207 820 7818

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information