1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bristol Bikers Beware !

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by mapper899, Aug 9, 2017.

1. just been tagged in to this on Facebook - shocking !
    This has just been posted by a friend. Bikers in Bristol beware

So I just had 3 moped twats try to blindside me in traffic earlier trying to grab my keys... in the centre of Bristol.... all young.. open face helmets with full balaclavas on, jogging bottoms,... hoodies & no proper gear.. I managed to kick 1 away & off his shit mobile & out manouvre the other 2, This happened at midday earlier on today during Broad daylight with people everywhere on Queens rd by the junction outside of Browns restaurant. Keep an eye out ok, seems like the little pricks are trying to replocate whats happening in London at the mo,Please also feel free to share this out amongst the biker community. Cheers.
    If in doubt kick em off.
    Would also maybe reccomend a carabiner attatchment for keys to actual bike frame somehow.

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Well, that's worrying.... Being in Bristol... The problem is... How do you protect yourself...?

And, if I was going to do a runner I'd be running red lights to get away.... Putting me in the frame....

#3 comfysofa, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah, I'm Bristolian & always go back there on my rides. Makes me think twice now.

4. Had a twat on a scooter try to grab my sat Nov while riding in Leicester he didn't get it as it was securely attached to the bars. He did get a good kick

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. Well im usually on my Multi when in Bristol centre and the keys are round my neck on a lanyard. But will look into something to tie the key to my bike if im on the 999.

6. Seems like more of these little b**stards are jumping on the band wagon each day! I find this really quite disturbing and worrying the way it is spreading across the country. What the f**k is wrong with these people!

Is there really something that bad about working for a living and being happy in life! The way things are going it really does worry me what my kids will have to go through when they've flown the nest, set up in life and can afford to have nice things!

If any of these low life's ever come my way and attempt anything like this, no matter how many of the little (or big) f**kers there were, at least a couple of them would get a shock and come away with simething to think about before trying it on their next poor victim. Theres not many things get me ranting in life, but these scumbags are starting to do just that!

******* Rant Over *******

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Is it illegal to carry one of those extendable knightstick things (in your back pocket... Easy to get to) .... Your not going to kill anyone but give them some serious bruising...

8. Bunch of keys on a chain,think hardleymovinson that will do the trick and not exactly illegal.

9. It is classed as an offensive weapon so illegal

10. Yeah... I think the phrase is "going equipped" or something like that....

11. Mace. Just need it in a little holder on the bars.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Leicester now too ... my stamping ground.
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    Like others have indicated, my wrath would be extreme and excessive if the little shites ever make an attempt for my bike.
    Its a horrible position to be in and is a sad indictment on society.
    Time to make an example of anyone caught doing this, methinks .. not so much for the crime itself but for the attitude which leads to it. This kind of extreme antisocial behaviour cannot be tolerated.
    I have to say, in view of the type of crime, sticking them in stocks on the "village green" sounds like a good plan to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I remember the late 80's and early 90's and the same thing happening with ram raiding. Sierra Cosworths and XR4X4s were the choice of weapon and it spread around the country like wildfire. In my neck of the woods, The LD Mountain Centre (which later became Berghaus) was targeted weekly.

In the end, greater security and long term jail sentences put paid to ram raiding. I fear there will need to be a change in Police policy of not chasing scooters (or even better knocking the bastards off), however in today's world, I can't see this happening.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Yeah... Problem is, is as the op said if there's 3 scooters with 6 scroats that's a lot to deal with for one person.... Even if you're pretty handy...

15. Especially if equipped with acid, hammer or whatever else they carry

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The little cunts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. It's crazy how bold these criminals are getting, all thanks to police inaction...

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. CCTV everywhere. Drop a crisp packet and they are on you. Yet ride around lidless and lawless and it's ignored.

Makes a mockery of why CCTV was propagated as the model to manage crime and anti-social behaviour.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. To me the policing policy should be to persue them helmet or not and if they die hitting a lamp post, chalk that up as a double win. If you resort to acid or the violence they use then the gloves should be off.

The police policy is dictated by the recriminations against them if the scrotes die. Fix that and the police policy will change accordingly. Certain types of crime should relieve you of the normal protections these scrotes take for granted.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information