1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bristol Bikers Beware !

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by mapper899, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Now that's the way to deal with them!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sw london

3. We seem to be in the grip of an epidemic and we're gonna need strong medicine to cure it. I've been hit by this just last week, albeit indirectly.
    2 months ago, my son had his 700 lifted in central london. I lent him one of my bikes (250) whilst he sorted out new wheels for himself. The bike was chained to a post and disc-locked in a bike bay in the city. Full hi-res CCTV cover, public place, mid-day. 3 scumbags on two scooters arrive, one whips out angle grinder. Chain and the disc (not the lock!!) chopped off in seconds, steering lock smashed and bike hoofed off down the road. All captured in full detail. It'll do no good. They have NO fear of capture or come-back.
    I am seething. Never had vigilante thoughts in my whole life, But I now have a new use for an angle grinder in mind!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. :mad: House on our street got burgled and their car was stolen this week. Things are going well in Bristol crime wise.

5. Piece on the local news this morning about a no-go area/estate in Bristol and how the police seem powerless to do anything.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's because our government keep on making bullshit rules that protect the guilty and tie the hands of the police and fuck anyone who's genuine.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Quite rural where I am , masked hang with a machete knock on a door and demand the car keys , dickheads knocked on the wrong door. Crime is getting out of control and the police can do fuck all about it.i was working at a old freinds house last week both her and her husband are coppers and they are just as pissed off about it as we are, they have trackers on bogus vans , trailers and quad bikes but no takers, makes me think info being leaked.

8. The police aren't exactly subtle with their tracked vehicles ..

Bit like undercover police which anyone who's been about a bit can smell a mile off! Even off duty coppers are fairly easy to make in my opinion.

9. Id have to agree but, youve gotta be pretty inept (as a copper) to plant a honeypot bike in the captial and it not get knicked....

10. Radio on way home, fella found guilty of a crime and got 6 years. Then gets another 5 years for lots of other similar offences.

Of course, all concurrently. So do one, you may as well do loads mentality is bred.

Consecutively would be better: 11 years in prison for burglary and theft more like a deterrent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Only one? Knowle west, hartcliffe, Clifton - all very rough ....

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I was in Clifton this morning and they didn't have any llama milk for my skinny mocha macchiato. That was rough Beyond belief.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. I suspect the peasants were revolting!

14. It's the car they're after. They burgle the house just to get the keys

15. Seems a random car to steal though. I think it was a saab or skoda or something anonymous. The next two houses down have a new mercedes and BMW.

16. Burgled the wrong house perhaps??

17. Probably just timing holidays at this time of year. Also they don't have an alarm and most houses on this street do now because pretty much every one (including mine) has been burgled.

18. Or nick a car to then carry out various gang deliveries, robberies etc and drive however they want. If chased they just dump the car and run off. If caught they get a ban on a driving license they do not even have??????WFT

19. If its a SAAB it must have been nicked for spares!

They are too unreliable for a ram raid or a get away car and any crash damage would cost more than you could steal!

#79 LCjohnny, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  20. Bikers of Bristol and surrounding areas this is for you!

For a couple of years now motorcyclists of Bristol and surrounding areas have been targeted by a small number of prolific motorbike thieves who seem to think it's a sport to take someone else's pride and joy, trash it to destruction, burn it out and then use social media to brag about it!

They've been reckless, endangered other road users and pedestrians, cost tens of thousands of pounds in damage, insurance hikes and repairs and attempted to make heroes out of villains who have lost their lives in the pursuit of a crime!

Enough is enough!

In conjunction with Avon and Somerset Police (ASP), local bike groups and dealerships this protest ride is to publicly show solidarity with the Police in their ongoing efforts to deal with these individuals, shut down their social media accounts and get the local AND national Judicial court system to notice the real victims of these crimes and appropriately punish the offenders before the public loses all confidence in the system.

These thieves need to get the message loud and clear that they DO NOT own the streets, that there are and will be repercussions for their actions and they are very much running on borrowed time!

The justice system needs to get the direction that they have a responsibility to taxpayers that a stern telling off with some finger wagging in an offenders direction just isn't going to cut it!

The local and national politicians need to stand up and be counted and do what they were voted in to do - represent the electorate and make the necessary changes in law to put a stop to these endless thefts and disrespect of the law of the land!

So let's spread the word and let's get a ruddy good turnout and bring Bristol to a standstill so our message and concerns can be heard!

No more talk! Let's get to action [​IMG]

Sept 30th 11.00am leaving Dick Lovetts Motorrad at 12.00

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information