1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Britain’s Best Comic Genius

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Expat Jack, Oct 16, 2020.

1. What about.... ?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. He's German ^ not British.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Britains best comic ^ not British best comic :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Surely he's allowed in, at least until 31st December?
    What about if I get him a visa?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. OK, what about a lady?
    [​IMG]

6. That was no Lady, that was my Wife!

I’ll get my coat!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. She Canadian isn't she? I know, I know, Britians' not British.

8. His parody of the judge's summing up in the Jeremy Thorpe case :joy:

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Wrong thread..

11. No mention of Jimmy Carr yet. Not a genius, but probably the best regular stand-up at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mrs Four or Five and I went to see him last year, I was expecting a raconteur style of comedian in an Eddie Izzard / Dara O'Briain style. I was surprised it was just rapid fire joke upon joke.
    It's all personal preference really but I'd put Dara or Milton Jones higher up my personal list than Jimmy Carr.

13. I know he’s not a British comedian, but this guy is as funny as F.....

Just watch what he does to Parky right from the off to put him on the back foot and Parky never recovers from it :laughing::laughing:

Barry Humphries as “ Sir Les Patterson” Australia’s cultural attaché to the UK, laugh out loud funny o_O

14. Very funny but also can be annoyingly sanctimonious at times, especially his books which don’t have the angry energy of his stand up and so come across as a bit earnest and hand-wringingly preachy. On the other hand, he jointly wrote Blackadder, which from series 2 to 4 was the Fawlty Towers of the 80s.

Two of my personal faves are Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle.

15. He’s not my favourite but Insp Clouseau is one of the greatest comic characters invented. Clouseau also managed to spawn two very funny copycat characters, namely the policeman in Allo Allo and, slightly less obviously, I also see a lot of Clouseau in Borat.

I love that scene but unfortunately whoever uploaded it chopped the end off it where Clouseau gets the gauntlet jammed on his hand and then dangles the spiked ball which is attached to it in the fire.

16. Yes! I’d been focusing on stand up comics but Partridge was pure genius. My twin brothers and I have watched most of his stuff and quoted it so often we know most of the dialogue off by heart. Plus we are always swapping stuff where someone (including ourselves) have done “an accidental Partridge” because I’m sure many of us will recognise this, when a man reaches a certain age it’s almost inevitable that he will begin to say and do things which are pure “Alan”. :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoliticalAP?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

https://mobile.twitter.com/accidentalp?lang=en

17. Ah, pure genius, but his lead role in the " The Party " is far better than all the Panther films imo.
    Birdy num num.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information