1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Calamity Johnson.

6 defeats out of 6 in the Commons and now he gets trounced in the courtroom as well. His brushes with the law may not end there, because if he ignores the “No No Deal” Act, he also risks prison for contempt of court. Perhaps he’ll end up as Tommy Robinson’s celly?

BoJo managed at least one thing though - he’s somehow managed to make Corbyn look statesmanlike in comparison. :yum

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I wouldn't worry too much, the scottish one is to be expected as was said last week when they failed to win and wanted another go, as is the norm for the snp and remainers

Gina millers case is due to go to appeal also and I suspect if she wins then both cases will go to the supreme court and I wonder if they will be dealt with at the same time?

3. That was one of our projects.

Do you want to see the list of shelves projects?

4. Wrong again.

Johnson just lost Joanna Cherry et al appeal

5. it will go to the supreme court tho. its why it was set up in the first place. to allow the uk gov to have another go and over rule the scottish courts

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. Then the ECJ :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. it would be funny tho wouldnt it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Corbyn has had ample opportunity to make his position clear over Brexit yet he continues to look a Prat, talk like a Prat, change policy direction at the drop of a hat, and continues to slide down the ratings. Yep he is a prat.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Read again mary, cherry has won round 2 after losing round 1 and it now goes , as fin acknowledges, to appeal in the U.K. supreme court

10. over use of the word PRAT don't cut it bud, i think t'other side of HOC has the edge on the word PRAT yes ?

11. Could've used a play on words to change hat to prat :thinkingface:
    I think there has to be agreement of a 'majority' of prats in HOC though :D

12. Tom Watson provided a chuckle this morning saying that we need a second referendum because the referendum is outdated and was held so long ago, whilst forgetting he and his party are one of the groups who have caused delay after delay after delay. Goldfish memories

13. To be fair the referendum result is outdated as are the party manifestos - best do some re-runs :D

14. tee hee hee

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Regrettably the ECJ won’t be seized of this matter but I’d would give my vertical cylinder to see the Govt forced to make this info a human rights issue and take it to the ECtHR in Strasbourg.

Gove (the arch enemy of the Human Rights Act etc) was bleating the other day about how the Humble Address motion requiring the handing over of personal phones and emails was a breach of the ECHR. Duplicitous hypocrite that he is, and like many people who rant about Yooman Rytes, they’re not averse to citing and suing on them when it suits them, so don’t rule it out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Can't wait. Supreme Court rules Boris' action lawful and then the ECJ (the EU's attack poodle) over-rules.

"You cannot take any action that might lead to the UK leaving the EU, the EU (via the ECJ) said so!"

*cue* - the ECJ is a legal body entirely independent of the EU

LOL

Edit: Oops, I'm wrong again. No ECJ for you, Harry.

17. Perhaps. But he is still looking a lot more competent than Boris.

To be fair though, Frank Spencer would look more competent than BoJo at the moment.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. It would not be out of place in this pantomime though :p

Cue - oh no it wouldn't....

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. i wonder if there could be an unchallenged attept to call UDI now that the uk gov is suspended? hmm.

20. Sturgeon doesn't want independence fin, you know this. Should you leave and join the eu, then when you don't get your own way, you will blame the eu, your running out of bogie men :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information