1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. :idea::thinkingface:

44390495-4685-48A4-85B2-F194A6E9DF5B.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. yip. thats what it is noob. mostly because they will be non existant after the next GE.

3. She still won

4. Unsurprising that Daniel Hannan would tweet distortedly for his own purposes.

Obviously the planning, financial, contractual commitments to the development will likely have been made years prior to 2016.

Likely to have involved some kind of sale and leaseback etc etc etc etc.

Question is whether GS are actively recruiting or merely moving into the HQ and what will happen after Brexit.

(If Brexit happens, of course).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sturgeon doesn't want independence, she makes that very clear if you pay attention. Membership in the EU is a fall back position, in case she accidentally triggers Scotland crashing out of the UK.

Sturgeon is very content to be a "big" fish in a small pool, a middle-manager. The idea of being in actual charge of a country fills her with the ginger vapours.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Some time ago I mentioned about the eu had now created a eu border force that is due to kick in from January next year. This was shown in eu documents and showed how the "temporary" mediteranean assist of 1,500 is now to become a full time body of 10,000 and is to work on all eu borders with the country they work in having no say as they are to be run from a new unit and commissioner in Brussels

Yesterday, the new incoming head of the eu and junkers replacement, Ursula von der Leyen, created a new role titled "vice president for Protecting our European Way of Life."

No honest, this is not 1984 nor "the ministry" from hary potter, this is real freedoms people :D

https://www.euronews.com/2019/09/10...ef-s-new-commission-portfolio-draws-criticism

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1

7. Credit Suisse signed up for 5 Canada Square, then due to the events of 9/11 decided not to house all its staff in one tall building next to an airport and so sublet to Bank of America plus others.

Goldman Sachs could easily sublet

#38287 749er, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  8. I've read that twice now.
    May I suggest you read it too? In the context of who supports Remain, who was in charge of negotiations to leave the EU, who has recently joined GS after having negotiated Leave with the EU and ... oh frack it. You carry on. You're fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Goldman Sach’s commitment to that project won’t have had anything to do with Brexit whatsoever.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. He doesn’t need to. He is right. We finished that project in 2018. Probably took 2 years to build with 3 or so years in planning and design. That puts it at 2014. I expect the city of London planning portal will have all dates on public record.

11. So, less “1984” than the UK having more CCTV cameras than the rest of Europe combined*, average speed cameras popping up like mushrooms everywhere, ANPR technology (which we were promised would never be allowed into private hands) now being routinely used by parking companies who then, under the with Orwellian and ironically entitled “Protection From Freedoms Act” can force you to reveal the name of the driver, and, more recently, UK police and private corporations pushing ahead with the unrestrained use of facial recognition technology (which the EU recently said they have concerns about and want to limit), the Executive suspending Parliament and (in effect) declaring that it does not consider itself bound by the Law?

Ok then....lol :upyeah:

* I invented that statistic myself btw. Given that it seems it’s ok these days to just blatantly make stuff up if it suits your argument, I thought I’d get with the zeitgeist. Fact is though, we have more CTTV cameras per head of population than any other country, and that includes China. In fact I read recently that the UK has approx 25% of all the CCTV cameras in the world so my made up claim might well actually be true.

#38291 Zhed46, Sep 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  12. so are we living already in a Big Sibling state ?

13. Ahh the classic guardian whataboutery well played sir, well played, ignore the fourth riech rising because speed cameras are more important.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  14. Is this any different than the government using government resources to promote their preferred option of remain in the lead upto the vote?

Just asking for a friend :D

15. donno. your the spin miester.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The remain based cameron government did the exact same thing to support the remain campaign, yes.

17. Bloody phone crashed again, so this reply is shorter than intended.

I don’t think we are quite there yet, but we aren’t far away. Another one of my pet prophesies is that CCTV cameras are simply the first phase in a long term mass surveillance and control project whereby eventually they’ll be linked into facial recognition and behavioural/body language/speech pattern AI in order to facilitate auto-policing or simply the whole country will become one vast Panopticon and, knowing they’re being watched 24/7, the populace will self-regulate and “tame” itself.

Initially I don’t think this will be used for or even intended as anything but a means by which crime and anti-social behaviour can be identified and curtailed, but it could easily be subject to mission creep and/or hijacked by a future and more repressive regime for more nefarious purposes.

History since the Enlightenment tends to show that’s how mass surveillance develops - it starts with crime control but then the data gathered tends to be used for social control. If you have a spare hour or two, have a look at Foucault’s work on this subject in the 70s

#38298 Zhed46, Sep 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. What's CCTV? None near me :thinkingface: must be too law abiding here in the wilds :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. they will be there. you just cant see em.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information