1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Absolutely but may I suggest the old addage about throwing stones? otherwise it looks like you're saying you are allowed to complain against others but they can't complain about yours, cool

2. Not at all accurate. Though I look forward to these future discussions with you.

#38343 Jez900ie, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You never do, you're daft :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. 1) nobody born or who lives in Scotland calls whisky Scottish. That’s the word used by people who don’t know anything about it
    2) nowhere in that attachment does it say “Scottish Law”

Do you guys like displaying your ignorance to the world? It doesn’t bother me. I will happily spend all day correcting you

5. The court is composed of the President and Deputy President and ten other Judges of the Supreme Court, all with the style of "Justices of the Supreme Court" under section 23(6) of the Constitutional Reform Act

6. So you have clipped a weblink, which proves nothing more than Scottish Judges a small role to play in Scottish cases before the Supreme Court and yet I am the daft one?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Except the people who distil it :bucktooth: FAKE NEWS :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

81ft9OMLt3L._SL1500_.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. 1) I work with a bloke born in Scotland who calls it Scottish.
    2) Apart from the 1st and last word in the attachment, you humourless nork.

For a word that "doesn't bother you", you certainly seem to be triggered very easily by it, Scotchy.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. You're not wriggling out of this one :joy:

10. Ah, the penny has dropped. :) :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Okay pinnochio

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. And your point is?

How many are Scottish?

How many will sit on this case?

Most importantly which legal system will be predominantly used for reference?

You guys are just clipping snippets with no understanding. I will wait for Zhed to come along, since he will have the facts. But historically, the highest appeal court was the Law Lords. They have only recently been resolved by the Supreme Court

13. Here's another snippet with no understanding o_O

14. Its not amazing that the Judges follow the law and pass correct judgements, afterall it is their job!

15. You asked ‘two out of how many?’ so that’s what I answered. If you click on the link in my answer it says who the members are. Lord Reed (The Deputy President) and Lord Hodge would appear to have some Scottish connections, but you can check the rest of them yourself.

It’s your point, so do some reading!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sooooo, they followed the law (but it wasn't the verdict required from the remain establishment) so they followed the law again until they got it right for the remain establishment - it's their job after all :thinkingface: Yeh, I can see that, thanks for the explanation :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  17. Good question! Tbh I can’t actually remember how the SC resolves conflicts between Scots and E&W Law. The highest court I’ve appeared in is the Court of Appeal where such matters don’t crop up. Most practitioners go their whole career without doing a SC case as there’s a sharp drop off in the number of cases going from CA to SC because it is very difficult to get permission to appeal.

I’m karting at the moment with my eldest but if I remember I’ll have a look when I get home

#38358 Zhed46, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Yellowhammer documents just released.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. I think the answer is about 10 or 11

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information