1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The trouble with that argument is that

England voted 53.4% to leave
    Northern Ireland voted 44.2% to leave
    Scotland voted 38% to leave
    Wales voted 52.5% to leave

Hardly no strength in other nations as no party was involved, it was leave or remain nor would it support an england only vote claim

2. two countreis voted to remain by a far higher margin that those that voted leave.
    hmm, a nation of equals is what they said. sure of it.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  3. They are at our extremes where they have the coldest and longest dark periods so the comparision is an unfair one but according to the shetland times, the matter is between them and the Scottish government, have you asked them?

https://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2015/11/04/fuel-poverty-figures-wanted-to-aid-councils-case

Been going on for ages apparently

https://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/201...g-food-budget-to-keep-warm-cab-survey-reveals

4. maybe the shetlend times doesn't know energy is reserved. or, maybe it doesn't want the shetlenders to know its a reserved mater.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Light is far more interesting than that. It can be considered a “wavicle”.

It does indeed have amplitude, otherwise how could it be polarised?

But it also has mass: you can weigh it, and those glass bulbs with black and silver propeller blades demonstrate that.

What is “luminance” if not light reflected from a surface?

6. If you look at the base issue, the shetlanders are asking for higher government assist because they live in a colder place. You could apply the same requirement in england where the north gets less warmer days than the south but, this letter from the shetland council to angela constance in the Scottish Government ,seems to suggest it is down to the scottish government to resolve this

it's a pdf so won't copy onwards?

7. Thats the point. You see the surface not the light.

Good luck seeing light as a particle :)

749er
    MSc Light and Lighting
    University College London

8. You’ll be pointing out the difference between luminance and illuminance next!

9. *Luminance* believes in light.

*Illuminance* has "luminance" in its name, but denies light.

cf Liberal Democrat/Illiberal Democrat.

Oh yes, we will get this bitch back on-topic, see if we don't.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I can do

Or discuss discuss the difference between photometry and radiometry :)

I am only be silly. I know you guys are talking about light in philosophical terms which is way beyond my understanding:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Can you please explain what temperature has to do with it and why for example Scandinavian nations do not seem to have this problem?

12. angela constance is an MSP for ayrshire? surely they should of written to Carmichal MP SOS for Scotland and proven liar.
    cold weather payments are the reasonability of the UK Gov. why would the liberal constituency since the year dot along with the Shetland times try to create the impression it was the responsibility of the ScotGov? why wouldn't the editor (former editor the tory paper "the scotsman") not of fact checked that? odd. init?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aren’t Cold Weather Payments for those on certain benefits or mortgage interest assist triggered if the average temperature in your area is recorded as, or forecast to be, zero degrees celsius or below for 7 consecutive days?

Surely the Shetland Isles are an area in their own right, rather than being lumped in with Edinboro’?

Edit: apparently 300 islands and skerries make one Shetland!

#38773 Darkness, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2019
  14. most benefits are reserved, recently some where handed back. I don't think cold weather payments are, and I think the system has been put on hold until an agreement can be reached over the funding. I think. its had to keep up a Brexit has trumped and overworked everything.

15. He said "Shetlands"!

*shriek*

16. Looks to still be with UK Government.
    https://www.gov.uk/cold-weather-payment/how-to-claim
    2019/20 scheme doesn’t start till November 1st. Don’t tell me it’s already sub-zero in Shetland!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ok ok, back on topic
    [​IMG]
    Hulk angry. Hulk ignore law. Hulk smash constitution. Hulk want no deal Brexit. Lyin Bastert Johnson has now compared himself to the Hulk, warning the EU that “Hulk always escaped, no matter how tightly bound in he seemed to be – and that is the case for this country.” Then he went on to add that the angrier the Hulk got, the stronger he became. We can only assume that the Prime Minister of the UK has been exposed to a heavy dose of gammon radiation which has fried his brain. I must have missed that Avengers movie where the Hulk negotiated a deal on the Northern Irish border and made phytosanitary arrangements that the EU could accept.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. How cool is that, you have to go to uni now to change street lights, fair play

19. I'll try and find the route again as to how I found it not the same link, still looking but found the extra funds for heating being offered to nhs shetland for heating and a seperate bill going to holy

was there a bill in holyrood in february this year re shetlands fuel?

HIGHLANDS and Islands Conservative MSP Jamie Halcro Johnston has called for the new Fuel Poverty Bill to better reflect the particular needs of remote and island communities.

The bill, which had its first reading in the Scottish Parliament on Wednesday, will establish a better definition of fuel poverty more aligned to income poverty, and sets a target of reducing the number of households to no more than five per cent by 2040.

Fuel poverty in Shetland has been calculated to be at just over 50 per cent, increasing to two thirds of all properties on the outer isles.

Halcro Johnston said:“The Highlands and Islands is the area worst affected by fuel poverty in Scotland and rural properties, particularly homes that are off the main gas grid, are among the most likely to be fuel-poor.

“Despite this, the bill as it stands does not reflect the needs of remote and rural communities. The Scottish Government had received a body of evidence that showed it needed to go back and look again at this legislation.”

https://www.shetnews.co.uk/2019/02/...erty-bill-and-call-for-viking-public-inquiry/

#38780 noobie, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information