1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I am literally PMSL.

What a star David Starkey is. Make him Speaker of the House.

2. #39022 noobie, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ‘Sycophant’ to whom precisely?

He variously blames the current and recent Government and Oppositions of incompetence and Treason, and also blamed the Queen for being to removed from it, compared with her father.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Jeremy kyle is looking for a job

5. cool, good news for wales. but let me noobify it.
    one of the wealthiest persons on the planet, using taxpayers money to replace a fraction of the lost jobs, who will no doubt lobby for reduced workers rights and threaten to close and move the whole cite to another country if anybody steps out of line. as per his actions at Grangemouth. yea.

• Like Like x 1
  6. At least you're not demanding why did the welsh get it, scotland should be first :D

It's fantastic news for the people of Bridgend you curmudgeon. All new vast employers get help, ask your own devolved government how they do it

As to inneos grangemouth, the new refining plant is to be mostly processing the very same shale oil and gas from the usa the snpee say they have banned, well nearly, maybe, possible, might be a press statement from happening in Scotchland

For now though, for the people in Bridgened

7. to who ever pays his wage. but that will learn me not to comment before watching. I based my comment on his words 5+ years ago as he was often wheeled out to tell us how ungrateful we are and incapable as a nation. a rude piece of shit.
    his versions of history is completely at odds with what I have read from non establishment historians.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I agree, a curmudgeon you are. it was an impression of yourself.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. So will Borris sell you all down the road in the next 12 days or will he free you from the shackles of the EU

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. he is working for the EU, undercover double agent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. It’s very interesting, albeit predictably one sided, but spoiled by three things.

1. The obsequious servility of the interviewer.

2. Starkey’s relentless ad hominem attacks. I am two thirds of the way through and so far he’s referred to individuals and groups as “pigs”, “shits”, “clowns”, “ridiculous”, “traitors”, “ludicrous”, “disgusting”. I may have missed others.

3. His hyperbole generally. I also teach advocacy to Bar students and pupil barristers and I was continually cringing at the way he put his arguments. It’s what we call “opening high”, ie: overstating a case. It probably plays well with the target audience as it was very much preaching to the choir, and as a piece of entertainment it worked, but as an exercise in persuasion (if that was any part of its intention), it was an abject failure.

Having said that, the final 5 minute digression into a disquisition about Blairism amounting to an effectively undeclared revolution and the wrong turn the Tories took into a cult like devotion to the free market was fascinating. I’ve made that argument myself in the past and in fact only a few pages ago in this very thread, I railed against Blair’s undermining of the Rule of Law, the attacks on the independence of the judiciary and restrictions on access to justice.

One thing that DS didn’t reference in respect of Blair’s rule though (probably due to time), was its hyperactive legislating. In 2011 I attended a lecture given by David Omerod QC, who is a leading academic lawyer, and he said that if you built two stacks comprising all the legislation passed between 1066 and 1997, and all that passed between 1997 and whenever New Labour got booted out, the latter pile would be higher.

The penny dropped for me at that point 8 years ago as I realised that it represented, in my view, an attempt to interfere in every person’s actions almost all the time, to micro-mange everyday life, which demonstrated a fundamental mistrust of the populace and so is inherently totalitarian in nature.

Thanks though. As I’ve said before, but with the above caveats. it is good to hear a reasoned argument from the Leave perspective.

#39031 Zhed46, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. you lost is another good and accurate argument :D

13. Is Brexit over? No-one’s posted here for almost 48hrs - Huzzahhh:D

ps. Did we win?

14. I think everyone has PTSD from the keyboard wars this time last week. Either that or the other side have thrown the towel in, in which case I herby declare today, 20th September, “VB Day” :yum

• Like Like x 1
  15. It was a draw.

Replay to be arranged.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Ah. A second Referendum then? ;)

17. 5AE4B125-7DC0-47DF-ADE9-7FAA53D84E1C.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Or one side lost and doesn’t like the result:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Oh shit, don't make the fairy's cry again ffs :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I’m pretty sure it was a draw, if you do the maths correctly. We need another referendum. :)

I’m a real remainer now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information