1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. My apologies, I forgot to mention the amount of labour mp's who knew better than their constituents and went against them.
    where these MP's elected regionaly or nationaly?
    yip, the torys have been trying to shut down devolution. mostly because the uk gov needs legislative conset from holyrood if its gonna make any changes due to brexit. well, they dont actually because they changed the rules. but obviously it can be used as a leaver when unelected torys are found overulling our desicions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. You would fall at the first hurdle, you need a brain. Carry on with your technicolour dreams. Tory baby.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 0374DF4E-2FBB-49B6-B429-0594F661093B.jpeg

Anyone on here ?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Which we'll see on display at the High Court in Edinburgh on 21st November, 2019 and beyond. Could be an interesting interlude?️

#41665 corrosio non forsit, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. yip, sombody will be getting judged. for me, hopfully it will be Evens rather than Salmond.

6. The astute PF is bringing two charges of attempted rape and nine of sexual assault. Hefty charges not brought lightly and with serious porridge if proven. It also go well beyond the porridge.

7. deffo.
    nasty business.

8. #41670 finm, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    • WTF WTF x 1
  9. She'll never be your first pm fin, she's always in court

My understanding and as a rabid loon :D, you might be able to confirm/clarify fin

am I right in saying Boris does not need Sturgeons consent as he runs the national government. She can as a token gesture, not give consent but he has never needed it in the first place

10. The Scottish Parliament shall need to pass amendments to existing Scottish legislation to match the terms of the WAB because some powers are devolved, but that’s not the same as asking the Scottish Parliament to “Approve” the WAB.

11. I can see how SNPs in Westminster have a vote and hence a say in the WAB, but why should the Scots be able to double up that influence with their local Holyrood council members and not any other local authority in the uk.

TB

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. he does actually. the sewal convention says that the uk gov wont normally seek to change the tearms of the devolution setlement but the meaning of consent where changed retrospectivly in the HOL during the coart case where the scot gov won the case regaurding the scotland act.
    yes now means consent
    failure to respond now means consent
    no now means consent.
    a fine example of perfidious albion. nothing to craw about.
    so yes, they do have to go through the proccess. they will take what they want, and the opposition at holyrood will have to deal with the hay the gov will creat over it.
    thats politics for yah.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Under the devolution settlement, a legislative consent motion (LCM), also known as a Sewel motion, must be lodged in the devolved parliaments when Westminster is looking to pass a law on a matter for which Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland has power.

A refusal to put a LCM forward does not currently give devolved governments a veto, however, unless the new amendment is approved in Westminster.

I thought we had discussed it before. To put it in context, it's a bit like a bloke saying to his mrs's, you can't go shopping anymore and she turns, gives you the look and says, wanna bet

14. i guess its because local authorities are just that. a local authority. not a country with its own leagal systems and a signotory to the act of union

• Like Like x 1
  15. thats what i said. not an easy sell to country with massive support for its parliment.

16. Has anyone asked Berwick-upon-Tweed for their view on this?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. dunno. not relevent. and its not my problem that england dosent understand what holds the uk togeather or even begin to understand whats driving it appart.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information