1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Apologies.

Diseased old bugger.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Tell him there's more money if he joined the Bee Gees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Move.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. "c"

5. talking of diseased, ay up yout.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. gater

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Therefore their reasons for quitting are they have too much money.

Are any of the parties running in the GE for a change to the system ?

PR perhaps ?

Change the pay structure ? (starting salary of say 20K, pay rises if they are good at their job, that sort of thing)

Remove the HoL ?

8. and monarchy !

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  9. I've heard the BXP discuss removing HoL.

Still. Taking the UK back from the EU is the priority. After that we can look into closing down the Old Codger's Club, the Supreme Political Court, maybe FPTP ... all that stuff.

10. You could argue that we get shit MP's at 70 grand a year, what do you think we'd get at 20 grand?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Can't see them winning the election though, we need a new way.

12. Shit MP's, so no change.

13. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. But at a lower cost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rather that they have sufficient money to laze about and not do anything imo

Glad to see you wrote that. BP have no chance of winning.

The only Leader of a political party that wants to reform the Monarchy Is Corbs. The only major reform of the HoL (which wasn't enough) was done by LAB.

The Tories are more likely to be hereditary peers than reformists.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I still think they are overpaid.

Is the Monarchy a problem that needs sorting now though ? (perhaps a new thread for another time).

Perhaps naively I am surprised on the vote poll thread how many are still prepared to vote for the Tories. (I know it's not a representation of the country but still).

17. @JAT 100% born in me grannys hoos cochran castle johnstone. renfrewshire. tho our house name had a refference to a cornish tradition. mostly due to cornish conections.
    not that its all that important other than for the bantz right enough. .
    yip, much of what i have read on brexit seems to relaite to the english identity being lost.
    i wouldnt say i am particularly proud to be a Scot. tho as we learn more about ourselves, our history and culture the egalitarian, education, and international heritage we had. i think we have plenty to feel proud of.
    with the growing Yes movement over the last 40 years and the rise of the SNP over the last 13 promoting the country and rebuilding confidence in our institutions, then factor in one nation torys and a rulling class doing all they can, in the only way they know how to counter it along with a now reletivly well informed and engaged electorate pushing back, i think maybe rUK is just hearing different questions being put and a different reaction to the answers being offered.
    You guys need to change the way politics is done in england. you need to be independent. you really do.

#42679 finm, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. The removal of the interference by the Royals in the governance of the country is ideally resolved now as the Monarch will undoubtedly change soon, and best imo to start afresh with a new one.

I'm not at all surprised at the numbers indicated in the voting poll - for the election or Brexit. You read the comments in the threads, so perhaps the surprise is that you didn't anticipate it! LOL.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information