1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Good idea.... we've achieved what we set out to. :yum

2. The election has been won, job done. We will leave on the terms infront of us, or a clean break by next december, job done and scottis indi, nic has been reminded she doesn't speak for the majority of scots on the matter.

All seems to be wrapped up and jobs a good un

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. British Indy: What Happens Now? According to the Sunday Times this:

Up to a third of the cabinet face the sack in a February reshuffle after Brexit so that fresh faces can be brought in to create a “transformative” government focused on the needs of working-class voters who propelled him to a landslide victory last week.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...volution-pm-to-wield-axe-on-cabinet-0cpdldlk6

Its just possible some who voted Tory expecting business as usual will be disappointed.

Some might not be able to read due to paywall but you can subscribe!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. I for one am not expecting business as usual. I'm hoping this government will take the bull by the horns and hopefully deliver on some of the more important matters including Brexit the NHS and the police force.

They need to get some credibility quickly and would be foolish not to seize a great opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. With Corbyn saying he won't leave till the spring, Thornberry, well you know and Mcluskey saying we still need the same message..I can imagine quite a few of those Labour voters who voted tory may feel vindicated that they did

What is noticable is how many labour politicians and their front bench are behaving like hollywood when the weinstien scandal started, they were all acting surprised and pretended they didn't know anything even though they were in the middle of it.

As to the cabinet being changed, no surprise. If you want one specific task done then you pick the best team to get that one thing done. That jobs been done and now they need to pick his team that will take forward his promised new ideas.

On Scotland, I feel, the majority of Scots do not want indi and are waiting to see if the spread the love reaches equally. That fecks nic up for re-election in 2021 if indi is going to be her one policy again, she will have to show results instead of one direction tropes

Then, if boris doesn't make the most of this unique opportunity as guts says, then in 5 years I'm sure the tide will turn

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Some Scottish Labour MSPs have backed the FM on Indy Ref2

the Scottish Parliament has already voted on and approved plans for Indy Ref2

and as much as not everyone who voted SNP doesn’t want Independence, the converse is also true. There are voters of all other parties who do want independence

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. BA8594BF-D2D1-4B3B-8705-98EC4654F047.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. they where preping the nation for trading of our waters this morning on da BBC.
    well. i wasnt expecting that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. How do you know? That is just your assumption. Maybe we should have a referendum to determine how many Scots want an Independence referendum [​IMG]
    If Blojob can claim he has a mandate for brexit based on his share of the electorate in the GE then the SNP are just as entitled to claim the same for Independence.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Nigel Farage walks into a pub and says, 'I'll have a pint of beer please'.

The barman pours a pint, then throws it all over Farage.

'What did you do that for?' says Farage, drenched to the skin.

'Because you're in a metaphor which illustrates the stupidity of asking for something but not stipulating how you fecking wanted it delivered, you frog-faced sniveling cant!'

'But I'm still thirsty, so I want a pint -- this time in a glass!' says Farage.

'You can't ask again!' said the barman.

'Why not?' sniveled Farage.

'Democracy.' says the barman.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Maybe the SNP can make their case in the other Indy thread?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Which sounds all super lovely darling but the reason for an indi vote is a continual and substantive wish by a majority of the Scottish people. Those who wish it seem to have no issue in ignoring almost every poll since 2014 that has had neither a majority or be it continual.

You don't have to convince boris, you have to convince fellow scots and so far by a substantial and continual majority, they have said...NO. Boris knows this, the snp knows this and Most Scots know this.

• Crap Crap x 2
  13. I just spat out my coffee.... another keyboard required thanks to the Ducati forum.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. He makes a lot of good points but a lot of bad ones too.

I never understand why people undermine good arguments with bad ones.

I saw Steve Coogans comments live and couldn’t believe what he was saying. Big mistake and he realised it too late

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. no need to convince any more Scots.

a couple of good winters is all that needed

17. Or quite possibly any type of season presided over by Boris based on his track record to date?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. As prime minister? He got elected not once but twice as prime minister, one through the party and the other by the nation. Got the eu to drop the backstop, launched the tory battleship and sunk labour to their worst result since 1935, destroyed the lib dems, has the brexit legal last step of leaving to be completed in weeks, is no longer reliant on the dup or erg and knows unless the future trade talks happen in a way we are comfortable with then we will leave in a clean break and the eu know it. More women in parliament than ever before

all in 5 months, that kind of track record do you mean?

19. Wasn’t he voted leader of the Conservative party by the party, not PM? It just so happens that whoever became leader of the party became pm.

So he’s just been voted once as prime minister.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. nope, to the best of my knowledge he was voted to become leader which meant by automatic consequence became prime minister so voted once by his party and once by the nation. Lived in number 10 before the 12th and continues to live in since. Had the prime ministers position in parliament before and after the election. had the prime ministers car before and after the election.

We there yet :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information