1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. easy, the Wa's should stop moaning after friday (but they won't stop waaaaaaa in) and the PD like most five O will be busy elsewhere

2. All of which is verrah re-assurin'. Another mint julep for you?

• Like Like x 1
  3. So BoJob, as expected, has kept Huawei at the heart of the UK's IT infrastructure plans. Ignoring what this means for the UK's social, economic and military security for the moment, it also confirms that he was never a Brexiteer, only ever, as with May, an exponent of BrINO. Wait. What?

Why? What does Huawei have to do with Brexit?
    Keeping Huawei in the the UK's 5G network means that the US will be holding the UK at arms length in future, as the UK will become untrustworthy with regard to data security. There will be no "mates' rates" trade deal with the US. Arm's length is OK though, as the UK was never going to be able to negotiate a decent trade deal with the US, once BoJob signed off on the WA and PD.
    Stuck in an International Treaty that amongst other things, limits the UK's ability to negotiate the terms of its own trade deals, the US trade deal was never going to be the UK's saving grace. As a result of the WA/PD, the UK will be linked by trade to the EU, by defence to the EU and ... thanks to the Huawei deal ... by the simple expedient that the US will no longer be the ally it once was.

This is how the stage is set for the UK's return to the EU. With no other big friend and no large, lucrative trade partners other than the EU, what option is there? The only question is, will the tail-between-the-legs Return to the Fold be within five years time, or ten?

Mean time - keep voting, fools.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nope

It seems strange that when the debate was going on, remainers acted as though the only people we should deal with is the eu, but if we left the eu then the only one that would deal with us is the U.S.

Most brexiteers pointed out there are 194 other countries to deal with and we will be selective in what is right for the U.K. We will still deal with the eu and with the U.S. and not putting all your eggs in one basket makes sense.

I've yet to see a single country that only deals with one other country, let alone one in the top 5 richest countries dealing only with one country.

Some it seems have been on the kool aid and forgotten there are more countries than just the uk, eu and u.s.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Wait, the EU is a country?? who knew :astonished:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I know, even got their own flag, anthem an everything. How did they slide that in?

7. upload_2020-1-28_15-45-49.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. are we, sorry you, leaving the councill of europe too?

9. WE, will not be leaving the council of europe even more so as a founder member, the same way WE will not be leaving the jurisdiction of the echr

10. why are WE taking down the flag then? i say WE. but WE aint. not this weekend anyhoo.

11. One, sturgeon said she won't take it down :rolleyes: and like some remainers, you confuse being a member of europe with being a member of the european union

The council of europe has 47 member states, the european union only has 28 members. The flag we are taking down is the european union, you do not have to belong to the european union to be european

12. is it the same flag?

13. You already know these answers so I'm humouring you for now :D

Council of europe emblem

[​IMG]

14. aye, but you have made it a tradition to ask the same question 10 times. so, what is the councill of europs flag?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. My time for a question I feel, you've had a few

The council of europe has 47 members, the european union has 28 members. Why is it those who are not in the european union but are in the council of europe, do not fly the eu flag?, you know, those 19 members?

16. no idea, lets ask the dug
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. ugly fuckers aint they?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hey, no sturgeon pics without a warning

19. so. is it the same flag?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information