1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Maybe more people could begin not telling us something in this thread?

That be nice.

2. Ah Ren go and sort Stimpy out, he's not getting things right.

• WTF WTF x 1
  3. yesh Harry, he's not getting things right you know.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I see what you mean harry but you can be anti tory but still be reasonable. Some are just puss filled globules of hate no matter what the subject and to imply people get dementia based on who is in government would fall in that latter category

5. Can I just be a fair arbiter here.

I get the points that care being made about adult social care and god knows Noob and I have our differences but isn’t it a little close to home to be dragging his dad into the debate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. How’s your attending going today secret Tory boy :p

7. Moving on

https://www.irishtimes.com/election2020

It's intereting to see how the Irish elections are going and just how many subjects by boths sides (as well as brexit), have a similarity to our recent elections. Varadkar apparently is not doing as well as his own party and supporters had hoped.

8. dont be so fugguing stupid, i can see the victim card coming out soon.

9. attending?

10. and of course you are right but alcoholism is also a very serious illness, of which i have been quoted of having which is not correct. It sounds as his Dad is early onset with his dementia, which in my opinion is the worst period with this evil disease having lived and worked with Alzehiemer sufferers just before i retired, my wife has dedicated the best part of her working life in caring in dementia. The care industry varies from home to home although all the standards are in place they can be excellent to woeful and thats where our Governments need to step up, this shower has failed on so many levels.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That’s also very true and a serious accusation. Did I mention I also do defamation work? ;)

Hopefully cooler heads will now prevail.

12. It was my family's experience (with dementia) that "Government stepping up" made a very bad situation very much worse.

Family decision-making taken away, inadequate one-size-fits-all "solutions" substituted instead.

Fuck the Government.

#49012 Loz, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2020
  13. Nah, fvck him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. i guess yo mean sectioning ? Fvcking horrible horrible thing to go through.

15. No, not sectioning. Living on your own terms in your own home until you die ... vs being carted off to a miserable old folks home.

The consequences of imposing these decisions on people is not something that can be fixed with mo' money. This is aboit agency and a person's right to choose.

I repeat - fuck the government for this.

16. Good boy, get the kettle on for the lads :):upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Choosing to stay in your own home albeit a danger to yerself ? Agencies having the power to enforce admittance into care ?
    Guilt also plays a big part of not being able to provide an acceptable outcome .

18. Indeed. Government insinuating itself into every nook and cranny of peoples' lives.

I'm sure it does. I've seen that in action.

19. What's the betting Boris stands down now he has got the Brexit thingy done?

Stand by for a new Tory leader election.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Brexit. 31st January 2020. 3 days. 6 hours. 59 minutes. 55 seconds.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information