1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Today in the European Parliament

when SNP MPs leave Westminster I think
    the tune would be either “Dignity” or “Caledonia”

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Btw @noobie, I have used an alternative source to Reuters today.

3. This is far more appropriate...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. [​IMG]

• Love You Love You x 1
  5. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2

6. That’s factually incorrect with respect to Ireland. They rejected the treaty, it was amended to meet Ireland’s concerns and then approved.

but you know, facts don’t seem to count anymore when people are happy to accept any old rubbish Farage puts out.

That’s Nigel thinking England can still tell Ireland what it will be doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I think you must have posted the wrong video? o_O

8. aye, a true reflection.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BREXIT Countdown
    DAYS

:

HOURS

:

MINUTES

:

SECONDS

10. I take it you'll be here celebrating with your chumms, having Brittish food, listening to Brittish music from the Beetles and Kylie and drinking Brittish lager from the Czech Republic :upyeah: Don't be late :)

[​IMG]

Or will you be celebrating by watching "Mrs Brown's Boys", "On the Buses" and that all time Brexit 70's favourite "Love thy Neighbour"? :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  11. Cringey. Brits abroad, eh? Whether in a suit or Man Utd shirt, why do my fellow countrymen insist on acting like crass morons whenever they cross the channel? The applause from the floor as they were leaving smacked of “good riddance, you fkn chavs”

#49035 Zhed46, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. brits abroad? surely we can narrow that down a bit . and there can be no better way of expressing your internationalism than banning foreign products at a party.
    then of course we have the torygraph slagging of the Scot Gov for pulling childish stunts by voting to keep the EU Flag outside Holyrood after those dildos doing their shit in Brussels.
    its fucjed up. so it is.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Yorkies - cocoa beans originated in Central America but are now largely grown in West Africa.

Roast potatoes - Again, originated in Central America.

Cumberland sausages - Pork meat mixed with herbs and spices, few of which are native to the U.K.

The Beetles(sic)* and The Stones - Heavily influenced by/blatantly plagiarised black American artists. Nothing acts as a better reminder of the British Empire than nicking stuff from brown people, so that does actually have some resonance.

Oasis - Heavily influenced by/blatantly plagiarised The Beatles.

Kylie - Australian. Most of her music is a synthetic and cynical rendering of whatever black American urban RnB/dance genre was in vogue at the time her albums were produced.

Don’t be late - I presume that’s an instruction and not the name of a band. Brits are good at meekly doing as they’re told and are generally punctual people, unlike those slovenly Euro types, so the landlord does get a tick in the box for that one.

Aside from that, I imagine the only truly British thing on offer that night will be the queuing for the bar, although judging by the look of the place and its client (I would say “clientele” but that’s a plural noun), who looks like Nick Ferrari would after a fortnight of living in his car, that’s no guarantee either.

Where is this place?

* Should be spelled “The Beatles”.

#49037 Zhed46, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

14. You don’t think the ‘Yorkies’ would be Yorkshire Puddings: happier on a plate with sausage and potato than a chocolate bar?

I’d prefer a couple of meat pies, with eels, mash and liquor though!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ah, ok. But Yorkshire isn’t really part of the U.K. It’s an independent republic. Just ask anyone from there and you’ll see that I’m right ;)

But they’re made from wheat flour and without looking it up, IIRC, wheat was first cultivated and selectively bred in Turkey and Iraq.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. True enough, but way back then weren’t most Brit’s ancestors still walking around somewhere in Eastern Europe and Asia?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information