1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Bronze Flakes In Oil

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by james bazel, Apr 28, 2020.

1. I would take the generator side casing off first, just in case the nut has come loose and the generator has been hitting the case. Don't ask how I know :weary_face: If there are no ally deposits it may not be the case, but worth a look.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Started on removing the engine today, I may finish sometime this weekend. 20200429_192721.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Damn, that freaking sucks man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Finally got it apart and it's definitely the horizontal rod shell. 20200511_144655.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. I was told by a top ducati engine builder that the bearing clearances of these engines from the factory are built too tight, they are ok for the road but when subjected to track use they will at some point spin a rod bearing like mine. He highly suggest that for racing or track use have your engine blueprinted with clearances optimized to prevent this from happening.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. This build is going a little slower than I want because of a few things happening at the same time, and I also found some vertical scratches at the top of the horizontal cylinder . Just sent the cylinders and pistons out for re plating. 20200802_134653.jpg

#26 james bazel, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information