1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bsb ... Can Shakey Still Do It ??

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by flymo999, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Can he still win the title ? he is good around Brands as we know

2. Got a fiver on him with gf who is for Haslam. As much as I want shakey/Ducati to win I wouldnt be too upset to see Leon champ.

3. As much as i like shakey, and I've followed him since he was a road tester at fast bikes, i think it's too much for him

4. Leons only got to stay on so its a no for me.

#4 Red899, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. I think unless something goes very wrong for Leon, he should have it.

And as much as I like shakey, I’d be happy for Leon

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. What about Brookes he's second in the championship now .......

7. Brooks is coming on strong towards the end of the season but he isn't on a Ducati ! also he tends to run the Zero rear tyre which does last the race for him but if the temperate is low then the SC1 tyre will be the way to go , Shakey has been trying the SC1 as he knows it could well be cold mid October. My money is on Haslam to do it but he needs a perfect bike for all 3 races as I'm sure it'll still be in the balance in race 3

8. From what ive read he doesnt have any love for Shakey....i think Shane's wife said last year "if his riding is as fast as his mouth he shouldnt have any problem should he...." a bit off topic but it made me laugh at the time...

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. No. Prediction is Haslam takes him out at Druid’s ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. he certainly comes across as a bit of a gobshite on twitter, his little spat with Espargaro (A) being a particular highlight

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes....i did read that too...kinda reinforced what id read....there was no need for the initial outburst from him IMO. Not, a likeable person but then, he might not thinks he has to be...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. As I recall, Haslam didn't finish 2 of the 3 rounds at Brands last year, broken handle bar and an off in the wet. Never did find out why Shake missed the early rounds but that has come back to bite his arse. He's also been unhappy on the bike for some months. As has been said, it's Haslam's to lose and oddly if he does win, it'll be his first major championship. Looking forward to the weekend, viewing from Padock Hill. Andy

#12 Android853sp, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. As above, Haslam just has to stay on. Easier said than done but he'll know exactly where he needs to finish to win and I doubt he'll push too hard to take too many chances.

• Like Like x 1
  14. You do realise it's not this coming weekend - it's the one after.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Massive Shakey Fan, Talented racer and extremely nice guy :upyeah:

33 points behind but 75 up for grabs. Haslam clearly has a big advantage, but stranger things have happened and its not over to the fat lady sings :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Be nice to have Shakey do it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Haslam will crack under the pressure, like last year....
    Well, that's my prediction but probably won't happen and he'll ride steady and bag the championship.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Wouldn't bet against out. He is an also-ran in so many ways. Trying to think if he has actually won a national or world title?

19. Quick google tog fact check what O thought...and no, a few 2nds only.

20. Haslam deserves a title but still want Shakey to come good.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information