1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bsb ... Can Shakey Still Do It ??

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by flymo999, Oct 4, 2017.

1. I suspect if he kept off the bike at 172 on the M1 he’d have bounced further

2. I can't see that being a 172mph get off. Surely some speed has been lost and they are tipping in?.
    Mind you, I wouldn't like to jump off at 72mph !!

3. Leon used 2 engines all season with a number of rebuilds , Shakey used 22 engines all were crated in directly from Italy , maybe ducati engines are cheaper than Kwaks and I can't think that anyone in the team f*cked up , you shouldn't believe everything that's written in the press

#84 flymo999, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Wow!!

5. Mind you, some of the trip option fellas have probably used as many as Shakey this year lol

6. What speed does the data show he usually takes that corner?

2 engines vs 22 engines, wow, that's Ducatis for ya!

Do you know what caused the brake failure, if indeed that was the cause of him having to jump off?

7. It's being investigated, there was a lot of damage to the bike and a small amount of fluid about but the bike took a big hit so hard to tell at this time .

• Like Like x 1
  8. You might have missed this @flymo999 what's the typical speed LH is doing at that point please? Thank you

9. Ahhh , not sure of the corner speed , he wasn't technically in the corner , he went for the brakes and nothing was there so he jumped on the rear brake and bailed off

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Small amendment to that, at least 2 engines were built here in the UK during the early days of August .... when Ducati Corse were on holiday. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oh right , that makes it a bit more even then

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I bet Corse motors are eye wateringly, arse twitchingly expensive

13. About £35k each depending on your Ducati sponsorship deal. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Where do you people get all this insider info? On that basis, thats £700k alone, then a million for shakey, before anything else like 50K suspension bits, 100k motec....must have a budget for PBM team (both riders) pushing £5m plus.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 22 engines per season at £35K each, and here's me moaning about doing a motor in one season of track days...

16. To be fair, they'll probably have bought 6 motors for each rider and have each of them rebuilt after the've done 1000km or been chucked down the track/implodded. Don't have figures for what Ducati Corse charge but I'd put the figure in the order of about £10k. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sweet Jesus

18. I'm on the inside so information is easy to get when your garage is next to Shakeys all season and you see them swap engines almost every night

• Like Like x 2
  19. I'm a nosy bugger not too shy to ask a question when the opportunity arises. It's amazing who you run into in hospitality and local hotels on race weekends. Andy

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information