1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bt Sport

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Roadtrip, Feb 22, 2019.

1. After 2017 season i cancel BT and went to Dorna for the 2018 but i didn't enjoy the coverage and also keep connecting the laptop to the tv etc etc,

In 2018 Bt wanted £27 a month for GP but have just renewed today and paid £20 connection plus £20 month which i think is not to bad a deal, i reckon it will go up when the first race starts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yep, even for the commentary alone, I prefer BT Sport.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Hmmm - I've just been notified that my BT subscription needs to be renewed ... I was wondering about another alternative but based on this I think I'll stay with BT Sport. Seems a lot of money though, considering I don't watch anything else on the channel :-(

Is there really no other alternative apart from BT Sport or Dorna via a laptop?

4. Yeah I don't like the MotoGP site, the commentary isn't as good and the spoiler situation is frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I pay something like £55 a month for land-line, broadband and BT sport in HD.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I have BT landline and Broadband so they have offered me a discounted price for standard BT Sport of £12/mnth. I dunno what HD would be.

7. I have BT Sport, but for sports, or matches, they don't broadcast try http://www.firstrows.net/moto_gp

They offer a variety of links from different broadcasters, however there are usually ads and clutter you have to shut down, but it is little inconvenience to do so when the rest of the race/match is free...

8. For £12 i would take it, i phoned Sky November last year and they mentioned they might be showing Gp from around March this year but phoned them and they have not got any options for GP now, so hence why BT, with the laptop/Dorna was a bloody pain we lost interest in Gp.

In HD i would think around £10 more which is not bad to see Rossi win a race :)

9. I get BT Sport as part of my Virgin package

• Like Like x 1
  10. I’ve just gone with bt again for £29.99 a month phone and broadband minus a £90 gift card that you have to claim within three months of the line being activated. This deal included bt sport on the app plus £7 a month to watch bt sports on sky. This is for 18 months, none of the deals were available on a 12 month contract.

11. Just watching the 2018 season re run on bt sport and I’m sure the feckers have reduced the quality of the broadcast to get you to upgrade to HD o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Programmes of live recorded sporting events supplied by the event organiser (Dorna in this case who have a stranglehold on the MotoGP broadcasting rights) that are not broadcast in HD are usually of extremely poor quality, often too poor for a relatively modern television that can upscale, to do anything with. I remember was it last year or 2 years ago MotoGP and WSBK were shown on one of the fringe freeview channels and the quality was virtually unwatchable. Try watching that programme again on a modern 4k television, if you thought your HD (ready ?) tv is crap :scream:. I was looking to upgrade from my old plasma to a new Samsung QLED but see that there is an even better screen launched at the recent international consumer show. Not having satellite or cable, not sure an over the airwaves roof mounted aerial is going to make a new telly worthwhile. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hopefully the live racing will be better quality then. I changed the channel to another bt sport channel that was showing football from the 80’s and the picture was better which would make sense given your explanation. Thanks for the reply.

14. Hookey ip stream from somewhere else in the world - 100 a year for everything...can even watch flat track racing on NBC in america...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information