1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Buffeting/noise

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by geordie, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Oh the irony, short and cant touch the floor but no noise vs tall amd perfect fit for the bike but air turbulance

Ducati design at its best :upyeah:

2. I am cutting the original screen down. I'm 50mm down on factory and now rounding off the shoulders.
    Try it with no screen, you may be surprised

3. Had the same noise & buffeting problems with my 2011 MTS 1200, fitted the Puig racing screen last year which did make a big improvement over the standard screen but still more noisy than the 749.
    I have just fitted the Eagle Screen wind deflectors which I will try over the next few weeks with the Puig and standard screen and let you know if they make a big difference, not tried spacers yet but may give them a go if wind noise is still excessive.
    Photo before deflectors fitted.

IMG_0401.jpg

#24 tim1664, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  4. I've cut the screen down further, rounded off the shoulders a bit, I'm not sure its changed the amount of wind onto my body but it is noisier at high speeds.
    I'm going to put the puig sport screen back on as that may be the best compromise between wind and noise.

5. 571EC946-6E64-4132-B553-9ED42DB04F51.jpeg As much as I love the look, I am going to put my std one back on. It was fine yesterday in the smaller mountain roads but once we got on the big sweeping ones it’s constant. Can’t remember the big bin lid being that bad, just a bit more buffering which could be cured by going al MGP and tucking in a bit.

Shame tho, the black screen looks fab

6. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my Puig Short Screen with a modified Wunderlich deflector on top, having got the angle right it is the best I have found yet. Only small downside is that this set up does give some wind pressure on the shoulders but I find that OK.
    I cut out the slot on the deflector so that it sits lower down in the bracket, easy to see over and no turbulence at helmet height as the deflector throws the air up and over, no idea what a pillion may feel!
    This is on a 1260 with a comfort seat at the low setting and I am 5' 10". This works for me and may help others.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Think you may find the big downside is it looks so goddam ugly :D:poop:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I prefer "Function over Form" on a 300/400 mile day any time.

in any case you can easily remove it for the Glamour photo :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Im with Veetwin on this. I have a simular setup but cut into my Puig screen

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Works very welll.

I always remember doing 1000km from Switzerland to the west cost of France in one day with the original screen on my old 1200 dvt. Never again

10. So you bought a ...........Multistrada ? :worried:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information