1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building A Dirty 2 Stroke, But Have Issues With The V5

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Phill748, May 20, 2020.

1. that’s exactly the look I’ll be going for, only that I don’t have the banana swing arm on my one, and I hate the Pepsi paint, in might go something more traditional

2. Personally I like white or red

white.jpg

re.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Some ideas, first one but I wouldn’t put all the sponsor logos on, just a clean Suzuki paint code. Or the second one, as it has a black tank and leave the front fairings standard and match to the tyga rear

50C148CA-72AA-44A7-B024-4507054F1D86.jpeg

303AEF79-B5E7-4048-B817-B119FE14F9EB.jpeg

this is the bike right now....

1759FBCB-ACF3-48CE-8772-4BB006F1EE8D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. I dont think youll be liable for back tax.Im pretty sure there was something,almost like an amnesty,many years ago.Meaning that if the vehicle hadnt been taxed since,whatever date,then it was auto sorned.Ive been to bed since then,so may have dreamt that.

5. Total bargain. I would get it bought ASAP! (Even at double the price)
    I would also spend time / £ on the engine as a priority over cosmetics (quality crank rebuild and alignment, all bearings, check nikasil, new pistons, adjust squish clearance, power valve setup etc.) or it could easily cost you £££.
    There is no recovery of RFL during historic non SORN periods unless it has been pictured razzing up and down the road past ANPR cameras.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Thanks mate, yeah I'm going to order an engine stand, get the engine out as a priority and take the heads off and see what's under there, and then get it to a professional to split the bottom end and inspect and rebuild the crank. The last time it ran was 2015, the time before that was in the 90's.

I theory it's got super ported barrels and flat pistons etc as there are no base gaskets or top gaskets, so the crank may have been balanced, but I want to the engine to a point where its sorted and tuned as a reliable road engine and then worry about everything else, I need all sorts of road parts like oil pump stuff, and need to find some 34mm carbs as it has 32mm ones with it.

7. I sold this one for £1500 back in 2008 and thought I’d done ok. Amazing how the value has risen on two strokes.

D600A651-7A90-4CF8-B459-7CAF7764E442.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. You will love it. They are a very pure riding experience.
    i had a few RGV’s when I used to race SS400 way back in the early ‘90’s.
    The best I had was a gullarm I bought from Team Suzuki GB straight from parc ferme at the end of the season when it was Jamie Whitham and Jay Vincent riding and Mick Grant managing. Harry Barlow tuned, got the 2 motors dyno’d - both had a little over 72.5 bhp at the back wheel. Full race kit, full spares kit, set of Astralites etc. Happy days.
    Yours has possibly got Yamaha TZ250b race pistons as they were a perfect fit and cheap as chips compared to Suzuki race kit. (Not allowed in SS400 but lots did it)

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. I'm almost sure it does as we had a new spare set of TZ250 pistons and rings that we sold as we weren't planning to use them. I want it back to relatively road tune if I can, probably running stock gaskets if I can with the port but using VHM heads probably with the squish set somewhere near standard. Then I can run a Zeeltronic, or even standard Suzuki ignition and be somewhere close to a usable bike. If not it will need a Zeeltronic and custom map which may be more work and money than I'm keen to spend. If I could build it with a solid 62-3hp at the crank, 50hp at the wheel then I think it would be good fun on the road, they are so light. I still don't 'Love' the RGV though like I do the Aprilia RS250 so I need to stop the spend getting out of hand.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You'll be fine, I'm going through the same thing at the moment after I bought a modded old Yamaha RS100 a few months ago. Spoke to DVLA and all will be well if you fill out the forms and send them a fee, they'll then likely to come back to you asking for a few more details on the bike but nothing too significant. Only pain in the ass at the moment is that their on limited workforce so all non-essential applications like these are just sitting in a very large pile!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information