1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulgaria V England

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by 749er, Oct 14, 2019.

1. I dont understand why the players just dont walk off.

If ths England team gets disqualified for leaving the pitch, so be it. At least have some dignity.

• Like Like x 1
  2. To be fair, I think they showed a lot of dignity last night. They made their opinion clear, followed the rules and laid down the market that it was unacceptable. Not sure if the big group who left were forced to or did so voluntarily.

I found myself feeling quite proud of a bunch of overpaid Nancy boys. Most strange.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nothing ever changes. If you were racially or verbally abused in you job, you would take positive action, despite the consequences.

• Like Like x 1
  4. for sure

I don’t think anyone would have had anything other than praise for them if they had walked off. Maybe they didn’t want to disappoint the England fans who had made the trip, though I am sure they would have supported a walk off also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Social engineering. 30 or 40 years ago no one would have batted an eye lid. Which is perhaps where Bulgaria’s attitude towards it all is right now- 1980 or even before.
    I sometimes wonder if yobbo’s in countries like Bulgaria pick up on the uk’s sensitivities to racism and just poke the sleeping dog for a bit of fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. And then in the real world and not dream one... plenty face abuse every day. Do they quit? Do they complain? Do they get tagged ‘trouble maker’? Or told to ‘man up’?

footballer is different to every other job on the planet, except maybe American football player.

7. just to add. Did you hear that whining prick Danny Rose the other week?? Saying he’ll be so glad when his career is over...
    Living every school boys dream and earning £100k a week. Yeah, think they need to man the fuck up...

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Theres only one world.

Make a stand if you are unhappy with your treatment. No one can do that for you.

Yes, people complain, quit or get labelled a trouble maker. Better to be labelled a trouble maker than to die inside, sucking all the hate up.

Dont moan about your lot, then make no attempt to make a stand.

I'd rather change jobs, walk out of work or simply remove myself from the abuse.

I am well aware that people find themselves the target of hate. That's the way of the only world. Not nice but you cant teach those who dont want to learn.

These footballers (of all race and religion) can come together and make a change. All the time they stay on the field, the racists have the power.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bit “out there” but how’s about Britain exits Europe?

10. The racial abuse won't stop until there are severe penalties for those who do it. If Bulgaria were to be suspended from the championship, the Bulgarian fans would learn to "self police" the scumbags pretty quick. Combine that with football ID's which prevent admission to games for offenders and it will change.

If the players want to walk off I would support them. If I was a player suffering the abuse I'd like to think I would stay & play and never give in. Thrashing Bulgaria was the best thing they could do imo. Who is the "monkey" now? The superstars scoring goals or the wanker little boys shouting names and hiding in the crowd?

Good to see the Bulgarian President took steps and sacked a few folks as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anyone notice that England were sanctioned for booing the national anthems....seriously, uefa and fifa hate England with an unbridled passion. Only second to the `Scots

12. I was watching the game as an England fan last night.

sometimes it’s funny when England lose, but only in a banter way

UEFA hate Celtic too. We always get done over unfairly, but then we boo the UEFA anthems every time

13. The national football authorities need to be hit with a huge fine, well into the millions, (not the paltry ones that they have been given in the past), and their national teams need to be banned from competing in at least one World Cup and/or one European tournament.

Then they may take things seriously and tackle the subject.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Can’t remember details, but wasn’t there a lot of change in the U.K. when they got banned from European competitions ?

• Like Like x 1
  15. My suggestion would be to just ban football all together as it’s fucking boring and I’m sick of hearing about football and seeing the fucking adverts for it. It’s a tribal gathering of knob heads. Just a bunch of namby pamby manicured and manscaped twats poncing around a field whilst his brain dead wife or partner puts shit photos all over instatwatbook of their lates chav palace in Cheshire or whatever.
    Fucking shit

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. That's when @NOODS X mates were fighting the sailors on the ferries

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Yes. They put cages around the pitch :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Plus they make everyone sit down now I think?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. They do, that was after the Hillsborough and other disasters.

now, they have face recognition, lifetime bans, area bans, restraining-type orders....a fair few other options.

• Like Like x 1
  20. So what exactly do the english fans mean when they sing the theme tune to the great escape and the dam busters?

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information