1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Burnt Hand From Heated Grips

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by mary hinge horse burger, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Anyone had blisters from the heated grips?
    Rode to the NEC show yesterday from Newcastle, 220 odd miles each way, was -1 degrees when we set off so pretty cold. Had the heaters set to medium as full gets too hot. It was bloody freezing so fingertips were numb cold but palms red hot. Got a bit painful on the return journey so had to loosen grip and just use fingertips. Anyway by the time I got back long after dark I've noticed I've got burns on right hand palm, grips were recently replaced with genuine Ducati parts after the originals failed. Can't be right can it?

IMG_4499.JPG

IMG_4500.JPG

2. User error.

:tonguewink:

3. Well, proves they work i suppose....do they still work now??

4. Yes they do.
    I've had a few bikes with heated grips, right one always warmer than left, I guess it's down to the plastic throttle tube insulating on the right and a metal bar sapping heat on the left.

5. got that myself earlier in the year , gloves were very wet tho,, all gone the next day thankfully. ( Oxford not Ducati )

6. The Ducati ones on my Scrambler don't get hot enough to give you blisters piss poor and expensive compared to Oxford only good thing you don't have a load of excess wire to hide

7. The ones on my hyper are no where near as hot as the ones I had on my BMW.

8. the old 1200 MTS grips were great , got proper hot.
    The DVT ones on the other hand....................

9. My mates were stuck on full blast all summer. I thought it was funnier then he did.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. You did put your gloves on didn't you? [emoji110][emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Yours can't be a DVT then !

12. Very nasty........almost like friction burns..:smirk:

• Like Like x 1
  13. @broke beat me to it...and you know you can turn them off, right ;)

14. alas the blisters are there before you feel the pain.

• Like Like x 1

15. There's almost no point in turning mine on @bradders :)

16. Seems 1/2 settings are low then 3 too hot for 8deg days.

17. When on our recent disastrous trip to Spain, when we got caught in snow in France, I discovered that a Honda Goldwing a Triumph 1050 sport and an old GS 1200 have much better heated grips than my DVT has, and the lowest temp I saw on the clock was 2deg. I think I might have welcomed some heat blisters :)

18. It was too cold to find my "we lad".

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. yev never read David Lewis's book Ice Bird then

20. I had similar on the way back from Czech Republic. Gloves were wet through and my hands got poached, a bit like if you stay in the bath for hours. Not actually a burn, but could be mistaken for one.
    Jon.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information