1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Buying A 916

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by SalkinSupersport, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Given the amount of burglaries currently happening and having my house done for my Audi s4 keys earlier this year I would believe him. It’s absolutely constant at the minute

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've got my bike locked down to a ground anchor in the garage, with a disc lock on the front, garage has 4 locks and is alarmed. But, if they want it, they'll get it :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mine too! Also have CCTV, smart alarms, door sensors and motion zones around the house now. Top of the range locks, door deadlocks the lot. Finding someone in your house at 3 am and having to challenge them when you have 2 young kids upstairs is not pleasant!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. If a scumbag really wants something as they have a market for it, they’ll find a way in. However, as 99%+ are opportunists the strategy is to make your neighbours property an easier opportunity than yours. Not very neighbourly I know but it’s necessary. Also, having a dog helps tremendously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Yes thats very true, they will always go for the path to least resistance - unless you have an S4 so I'm told, or a Golf R, S3 etc. Round our way currently (middle of manchester and liverpool) they are literally smashing their way in through patio glass at any point of the day or night with occupants in or out to get the key. They will get the key, they are not arsed. The answer for us was to up the security (which we have done considerably as literally had nothing when we were targeted) and dont have an s4 on the drive. Bought an XFS now, which is a lovely car, quick etc but not as appealing to the work shy scrotes who want them for cash in transit or ATM robberies etc

We have a dog too, but she slept right through and isnt exactly a deterrent being a tiny maltese terrier! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Watch out for seagulls

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Imagine the fear of this running at you.

D4E2D0B7-B5FF-4FB7-B401-74BD02B9FD5C.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. :eek:!
    I hate "trip hazards".

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I agree, MY98 was a changeover and the new font and design was part of Massimo Vignelli's branding input from 1997 when the current Ducati font started to be pushed on all merchandise and vehicle literature for MY98 models. Note that many bikes that are registered in 98 and even 99 are in reality late registered MY97 models although there may have been some crossover at each end of each MY production. The 916 was never sold with the model number on the upper side fairing like the 996s and 748s had from MY99-MY01 (like Paul's above). There are a number of other detail differences such as the final MY for the early brake hangar set up
    The front mudguard is definitely not OEM

• Like Like x 1
  11. I always think the earlier graphics look much better. The first 916s and 748s may not be the best bikes, but they are the prettiest!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information