1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Buying A 999r

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by flatairbag, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Keeping an eye out for a 999R... and seen a few 999R's where the sellers rave about it being an early 2003 model.... However if I was looking for a 999S i would defo be going with the later red frame model.

So would there be any collectors value to an earlier or later 999R model and or higher or lower plaque numbers... or the value just down to the bikes condition?

Thanks for the advice.

2. I believe @Exige may have an opinion...I think he may have a 999R?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi, I have a 06 999R. After looking for a long time and asking questions about the 2 models . Geff Green who was running G-Tec was of the opinion the later one was the best buy . But I'm sure there are Lots on here who will disagree.

4. Nope :Angelic:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. I know you gave a 999R (2), but I can't believe you don't have an opinion. :Wideyed:

6. Gave? :smileys:

7. to use - later red frame
    collect - early 03 grey ones. very early plaque numbers.

8. for example IMG_0188.JPG

9. Most iconic: Fila (only 200 made to celebrate the 200th WSB win. also won WSB 2003 and 2004 in these colours). Someone will be along in a minute to tell us they actually built 201 :)
    Second - Xerox
    3rd and 4th Early grey arm or later black arm, opinions differ but the grey/silver frames look better than red anyhoo - apart from the race replicas :Angelic: I think yev may be right here but the numbering won't really be an issue as they stuck them on in any order. UK model, low miles, good history - all the usual stuff...

I have a couple somewhere :smileys:

Also I appear to have the odd spare plaque for 999R Fila's behind my washing liquid :D

IMG_1673.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. IMG_0190.JPG

11. Same as my non Fila :upyeah: my Fila is June '03

12. those plaques engraved with numbers

13. Yes, Engine and Frame Numbers - had 10 of them checked out - all real bikes :Bag:

14. pity could have doe with one without engraved getting run about through 2 dealers to get mine

15. I don't suppose you'd have a no.290 would you andbe willing to part with it? Real bike (my new one) VIN: ZDM400AA3B006994

16. Also, I fitted my race can to the R at the weekend and am now fitting the ecu to match. It has a lot of number designations on stickers, the most obvious being 999SSARACING. Opinion please on whether this is correct? I know the clue may be in the name but why the S in the number? Shouldn't there be an "R" or would that be the "RACING" designation.
    I'll whip the one of my S in the morning and take a look at that one for comparison too!

17. So plaques that could be used to fake bikes? Why would Ducati sell them?!!

18. Ducati don't sell them, but for some random reason they produced more plaques than bikes and they often appear on ebay. I suppose it's like when you get 1000 business cards printed but you only need 50!
    Anyway, I'm trying to track down my plaque, for my bike (no.290). I'm having no luck with the dealer (the cheque's cleared) but it must be out there somewhere?

19. So, you have a special bike which is numbered incl vin and engine, you make a few more plaques (why?!) with the right credientials, so you sell them off?

Disgraceful. And just fuels forgery. Who's to know any of Exiges are real? Choose a plaque from a bike sold outside the uk, pin it to the yoke and done. (Not saying that's what he's don't, just an example)

Plenty of sps bikes have had the same...stick top yoke in and sell for more that it's worth :confused:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information