1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying A Diavel, Questions

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by ducatitom, Jul 1, 2017.

1. As we have just discovered, the shock absorber linkage bearing in the swing arm is prone to failure. Not sure if that is time or mileage driven but ours is 6 years old and done just over 20,000 miles. If you choose to go down the route of a new rear shock, as we did, the swing arm pivot bolt is prone to seizing so get your mechanic to check it. It's a b1tch if it's seized. We resprung the forks instead of a kit and are really happy with the result both cost and performance. That said, it is my girlfriend's forever bike. Andy

2. No. Bored of shit on telly, not allowing myself beer on a school night for the next couple of weeks so I've no idea how the thread popped up. Hey how, hope he's happy with his Diavel, if he bought one. Andy

3. Haha no never realised at the time .. what a dork!!!
    Bored offshore so brain a bit numb after 3 weeks away.

4. thinking of getting a Diavel possibly 2015 - 2016, but thought id give Leeds ducati a ring for quotes belts, not knowing what to expect they quoted £1200 which i thought was unbelievable for a service / belts.
    Can anyone shed any light of a belt service, and what to expect to pay,
    Thanks C

5. Try Ducati John - http://www.ducati-john.co.uk/ :)

6. Painful reading this thread, i need one of these more than i need to breath fresh air but dont have a gun or a method of stealing enough money yet, driving me crazy, hate the front light but everything else is so very perfect looking in my opinion, nothing like an old thread to get the jealous juices flowing

7. Here's mine in it's natural spot. Outside the pub.
    Diavel.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. I paid less than half that for my belts and service on my Diavel at Duc Manchester.

Stuart

9. Yeah but Leeds is in yorkshire;)

10. The ‘belt service’ is every 5 years or 15,000 miles and includes a shim check which makes that quote about right for a main dealer and depending on your dealer, will include mucking out the rear eccentric and axle. A good independent (Ducati John being one) will do it for less. Andy

11. Mine also included cleaning the eccentric btw...

Stuart

Do Not Sell My Personal Information