1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Buying A Multistrada 1200s Touring

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Gazpeace, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Right lads an update on the multistrada i went to go view, wasn’t the best experience. A couple of things
    1, just a petty thing got there to view it and the bike was filthy!
    2, went for a test ride and every time I turned a corner it wanted to Turner a sharper corner than what I wanted it to and I felt like I had to push against the handle bars, the front tyre was decent as well? Could anyone explain this?
    3, every time I turned the indicator on the ABS and engine management light would come on at the same time till I turned the indicator off. It would happen if I did the right or left indicator?

2. All a bit negative on my part but I would have reservations about the bike and, as already said, the paint job asks more questions as well imho. The botched tail tidy is easily remedied as are the missing support bars for the top box plate but why the aftermarket mirrors? You could start to wonder if the bike has taken a slide down the road or something?

Someone else may come along and say I'm talking out of my proverbial and that's fair enough. However, if something is telling you all is not quite right, give it a miss and keep hunting. Your bike's out there.

3. Nah, that was my thought about the mirrors and missing indicators. That is the ugliest tail tidy I've seen in a long while.

If it's been sitting idle the tyre pressures could be off, feels like it wants to wander when you press on the bars. Those aren't the standard tyres, it could be their profile isn't that flattering.

But if you can make the jump to 6k then you have much more choice of more standard bikes including some skyhook models

4. A good project bike. Needs tlc and a respray or wrap. Look at the brake fluid colour. Not very well cared for. Loose hanging wires handlebar controls. Devils in the detail. Walk away or spend a grand on diy fettling. Omg that paint job sucks.

5. Tbh I think I’d walk, it’s cheap but got agro written all over it (in day-glow Rossi yellow)

for £2k more there’s a peachy ‘14 plate GT on auto trader, low mileage with full dealer history (the guys even named it Sofia, not my bag but people who pet name their vehicles generally look after them with an anal level of detail?).

Unless your confident with the spanner’s and a spray can you’ll do that sort of money on that thing easy and for what, a bike that’s still got 45k miles on it and dodgy to no service history, that’s been painted more times than the forth bridge

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information