1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying A New Bike...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Pavey, Nov 6, 2017.

1. If you insist....
    20170906_070208.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. I bought my Blade and my 1299 without a test ride.

3. Brought my Desert Sled without a test ride,sold it 3 months later.

4. Buying a Panigale V4 without a test ride. Sure it will be fine :D. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Damn, probably missed a bargain there. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeah...they do...colour didn't bother me I wanted one at the time....and that was the first colour that came up but....i was thinking of getting and Eddie Lawson paint job on it...

7. black and white is ya only option on that dawg

8. I'd leave it as it is if it was mine. Looks classy without being garish and that's not something the Japs pull off very often. Much prefer that colour to Kawasaki green. Goes well with the wheels too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Just read a variation of road tests. Good bike but watch for the vibes at 4/5000 revs. which according to the road tests is where you'll spend most of the time when your not thrashing it.

10. The s1000r is the only test ride ive had in my biking life (25 years).

11. I bought a gsxr without a test ride and didn’t know the fuel warning light was broken and ran out of fuel within like 2 days.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. Test ride tomorrow morning, quite looking forward to it if it's not too icy. A bit of a deal on tomorrow at BMW so it could be new bike time :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes, quite a few times.

I bought a new 1198 a few years ago and never step foot in the shop, all the dealing and trading in was done over the phone.

First I saw if the bike was when they delivered it.... I've done it since with my monster too.

Only ever with brand new bikes though. Used bikes are a completely different kettle of fish, I want to view and have a, quick go on them if possible. A test ride isn't always available though, which in fully understand if it's a private deal.... I don't give test rides if I'm selling private neither.

14. Took the punt, picked it up yesterday and it paid off. Has a few tasteful mods I would of done anyway and the BMW dealer hadn't realised it is fitted with a tracker, so hopefully I can just reactivate that in my name and a nice bonus.

It's done 6000 miles (16 plate) so just had a service and is in exceptional condition.

• Like Like x 3
  15. I've never spend shedloads on a new bike without a test ride but have bought many second hand bikes without a test ride. Mostly it's worked out. Enjoy your new toy sir

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bins and pics!

17. Pics to follow. I didn’t get back until dark last night and we are out all day as it’s my birthday, think i’m 39 again.
    Born in ‘74 so could be mistaken.

• Like Like x 1
  18. We actually have a bin store, hopefully I win a prize for such extravagance!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information