1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying First Duc Aged 62.

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by TZ750D, Aug 19, 2019.

1. I havent got any kids - it keeps me young ;). On the 3rd and final wife though. That was expensive...

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Welcome to the forum! Where in Minnesota? Are you a CRA member too?

3. Maybe you knew Neil Winston too from back in the day?

4. One thing I love about the UK is the number of tuning shops and businesses supporting sports bikes, racing and also classic bike restoration - suspension shops, chromers, painters, aqua blasters etc. They exist in the US but its on a different level in the UK. I customized a Z900RS last winter (winters are very long here) and put a Nitron shock on it. I wanted to match the Nitron blue with a repaint and the best guys in the Z900RS painting business are Surrey Customs in the UK. So I sent the bodywork back there - top job.

5. Thanks. I live in Wayzata, just west of Minneapolis. Not sure what CRA is though? Sorry dont know Neil Winston - British?

6. Central Roadracing Association. It's a small group but they work hard to keep motorcycle racing alive here in Minnesota. Motoprimo is a huge supporter of the club.
    Neil(American) used to race bikes many years ago here in the states. He just passed away last month from cancer. He was into trapshooting big time after racing. That's how I knew him, though not very well.
    Wayzata, really nice area. My daughter and son-in-law's stomping grounds. I'm in Princeton.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hello and welcome dude..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome aboard TZ Don:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome along,

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hi.TZs?Youre nuts then,I take.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That was a long time ago. And they only had 120bhp. On the other hand, powerband was 2000rpm wide, and the bike was 330lb dry.

12. Great intro, welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi and welcome great choice of bike a Pannigale R would love one for my front room

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome band enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sounds like you and a Ducati are going to be a perfect fit ,
    especially given your circumstances .
    No " wife-lets " in tow , to syphon the cash away .

I don't go with calling vehicles " she " , but Ducatis do seem to have a very female nature about them .
    For reference purposes , think hot-tempered , fiery , Mediterranean women

:eek:

Welcome to the forum !!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Well..... we like pictures especially trash cans :) it’s a forum law

Welcome into our mad house

• Like Like x 1
  18. Welcome. Wayzata is a nice area, I'm out there every once in a while for a construction project we have going. Nice Irish pub down by the lake.

19. Correct! The owner lives a few doors from us. Small world...

20. Hi and welcome. I turned 61 in June and got my first Ducati and realised I've wasted 60 of those years riding lesser bikes. Enjoy !!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information