1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying From Europe Post Brexit

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Twin4me, Jan 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Useful Useful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  1. Made this a sticky :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. I came across this today. I think it sums it up pretty well, to be honest I read some pretty negative posts by the same guy pre 1st Jan. it would appear as has been said by anyone with an ounce of sense, it was always going to be different but if you get on with it it will be OK. I for one hope that more UK hauliers strive to take work from cheap Eastern European hauliers in their shitty unregulated trucks, pissing and shitting in every layby or flyover they decide to camp on. And hopefully we’ll have less bottles of piss on the A34.

3 weeks in & 30 trailers so far we have shipped successfully into the EU. Few teething issues which has caused delays. But my team & my customers have worked hard to sort problems and paperwork issues. I appreciate and thank my drivers for all the patience they have shown (not much the drivers can do other than wait for us to sort it) we will continue to push on into Europe as hard as we can. This week we have been contacted by British businesses who would usually have European Hauliers collecting their goods. Many foreign trucks are refusing to come to the UK. We have done 5 extra exports this week which we usually would not have covered with another 5 already booked for next week. If any British Businesses are struggling to get their goods into Europe and need help, please get in touch. We can get it there. It’s about time British European Hauliers took back some of the export work, up until now general haulage for export has been a race to the bottom with freight forwarders cutting each other’s rate time after time and it’s always the haulier that actually covers the load is the one that loses out. Freight forwarders who don’t operate their own trucks are ruining this industry. The ones who operate their own vehicles and have extra work to sub out (like I do at X-mas always pay a decent or fair rate) and understand the actual cost of operating a fleet of vehicles and what goes with It. We learn a bit more after every load we ship. Still plenty to learn but we are definitely making steady progress.

My contact details are below.... Cheers. Pete

- [email protected]
    ☎️- 01285 771160

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Informative posts kept and then locked as requested by members.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information