1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Hypermotard.

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Paulel, Mar 28, 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Too late! Just after I posted this I got a text from the dealer telling me he’d taken a deposit on it. Oh well, might have to buy a new one on Saturday if it’s as good as I expect it to be.

2. Ah ! That's shit ! Good luck on your search though :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah, oh well. I couldn’t possibly buy such a radically different bike without a test ride.

4. Absolutely ! Test rides are a must.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shame you missed out. They are some nice extra's but for only £1000 more, you'll be able to have a brand spanker!
    £9k with over 6000 miles did seem a bit high but it was kitted out and looked clean.

My 2016 SP with 4k miles was only £10,000... (heated grips & arrow can)

When I was shopping around, £7.5/8k seemed more reasonable for a decent mileage 939. If you avoid Akra/Termi's, the spare grand would get you an exhaust, remap and heated grips anyway.

6. Thanks for that joooooooooooooooosh (got carried away with the Os there). Unfortunately there don’t seem to be many around and you know how it is, once you set your mind on a new bike you just have to get it immediately. Anyway I may find I hate it when I test ride one on Saturday. Ha ha!

7. I would be surprised if you hate it, but it depends what you are really after I guess

Having now owned an 821 for almost 3 years, the only trade i would consider at present would be a brand new 939 SP :motorcycleduc::D

8. The supermoto shuffle is not for everyone .
    They are tall .

• Like Like x 1
  9. They are a hoot and so much easier to just jump on and ride than a superbike....

• Like Like x 1
  10. I’ve bought loads without a test ride. Don’t think I’ve regretted one. Although the 848 evo corse was touch and go till I got used to the riding position. ;)

11. I know exactly how it is. I'd convinced myself I didn't need an SP until a decent deal cropped up and I jumped for it right away!
    It is quite a Marmite bike, you either get it or you don't but it seems you already do. The standard bike's suspension and seat are the worst bits.

Suspension isn't bad (considering how basic it is) but it's much crashier than the Ohlins and the front is REALLY soft. The standard seats on both the normal and the SP kinda suck. They force you forwards towards the tank, which sits you even more upright, exaggerating the vague front end feeling that's the hardest bit to get used to coming from another bike.

Find a nice empty road on the test, because the hyper feels a bit numb until you really abuse it a bit. Then I find it suddenly comes to life. When I stopped trying to carry corner speed and focused on slamming on those brakes before a bend and then firing out the other side, I really fell in love.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I had an 796 hyper was great fun.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi Paul hear just read your post the Ducati you whear interested in buying was me sorry mate don' want to rub it in but the bike is exallant condition new tyers new sounds incredibly

• Like Like x 1
  14. My bikes love them but carnt afford the 2 so the supersport s sadly has to go.

20180407_121206.jpg

15. I love my 939sp,no other Ducati that I would want,maybe monster 1200R but I’m hoping we get an updated version this year,if we do I’ll get rip of mine for another hyper,I’m even thinking of getting an 1100 hyper aswell,I love them that much

16. Must admit the hypermotard is lovely riding position after riding the 939supersports nice and high position and thumper engine

Do Not Sell My Personal Information