1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ca Cycleworks Coils

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, Sep 14, 2017.

1. I have been chasing an idle issue on my Carby for sometime. Simply would not idle well at all, with one cylinder working sometimes and more often than not refusing to fire. I suspected everything but the coils, as I had purchased CA Cycleworks coils new roughly 3 years ago and they have had hardly any miles on them.To cut a very long story short after upgrading wiring and changing other parts which were old and tired I tried some old Denso coils I had lying around......

Coils were the problem. They would work ok when the bike was above about 2500 revs. But terrible idle. I have been changing jets a lot thinking it was them due to the symptoms. Anyway here's the good news. I contacted Chris Kelly and went into some detail about this and he's sending me some new ones! That's about three years after purchase. A search on Google brought up others that have had similar problems with theirs but if I can get a working set on the bike instead of having to fork out 150quid on Nology or Dynatek then I am more than happy. TOP NOTCH SERVICE FROM CHRIS KELLY.

May even get a months riding out of the bike before Scottish winter.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Is Chris sending direct from the USA as I can get them to you quicker if he hasn't sent them out yet?
    Stu

3. Stu, I got a message saying they were being delivered tomorrow and thought they may be from yourself, however checking UPS tracking they were sent from the US, super fast delivery too from Chris. Thanks for the offer, really impressed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Coils have arrived and installed. Bikes running great! A long standing issue has been solved all thank to Chris at CA Cycleworks for replacing these. MOT Thursday

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information