1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cagiva Alazzurra / Elefant??

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Mostronero, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Need to hold that one up to a mirror. But there is some really useful info (for me anyway) coming out of this forum - thanks...

2. I had one of the 1st alazzurras in the uk, had it for 5 years, rode all year round & even club raced it... Happy days. Didnt look as nice as your special though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Interesting system - I think I'll keep the existing sensors and get one of the new digital boxes that can run two cylinders. Horse Power Ignition (https://www.hpi.be/item.php?item=CD6905D) in Belgium do one for €200 plus VAT and shipping. Anyone know them? I am getting more details, but it seems like a neat and relatively affordable solution.

4. Not really relevant I suppose, but that 581 Euro Sachse was obviously developed by Volker Sachse he was a really nice, knowledgeable guy who was killed a year or 2 ago in a bike accident.

I think the family revived the business, I have one of his ignition systems on a Guzzi and it has never given me any problems, I like his products.

• Like Like x 1
  5. A friend has just bought a Sachse system for a 900ss Bevel, it too works perfectly and was much less of a headache to set up than the Silent Hektic system it replaced. Sachse had a stand at the Bikers' Classic last year at Spa and seemed to be doing a very good trade over the long weekend.

6. Very interesting - I guess you get what you pay for and these do seem to be good systems. Such a tragedy that the founder died in a bike accident...

7. The 450 single which I bought several months ago had a Sachse ignition system fitted, but it was worn and would not hold timing. I sent messages to Sachse asking for information, which it took them months to respond to. When they did respond, it turned out mine was an earlier type which they no longer make nor supply spares for.

So I purchased components for a later system, at considerable expense. No matter how carefully I set it up, it still did not work consistently. The instructions supplied are obscure, confusing, and lacking in detail (whether in the English or the German versions). I again emailed Sachse repeatedly asking for further information, but never got any reply. Eventually I gave up on Sachse and installed the original contact points ignition - which works perfectly.

If other people have got a Sachse system to work fine, good luck to them. I can only report what I find, which is that Sachse is hopeless. For all I know, it may have been better when the founder was still alive.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information