1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cagiva Elefant 750 1987

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by FAT MATT, Oct 20, 2012.

1. I supose it because it has a duke motor in it:)

2. Having ridden both, my money would be on a twin every time. Take one for a spin and see what you think then.

3. each to their own as ever - they do look a bit clumsy to some eyes but the ride is refined and precise for me and having ridden a DR650 also I wouldn't even compare it as neither were trying to compete for the same space anyway. Closest I have ridden is the Africa Twin and even Transalp is nice.

4. As above :smile:

Does anyone know a good source for sprockets in alternative sizes? All I've seen listed are stock 15/46 which seems a bit short for motorways etc. I've used mine for the last few days and on the motorway around 6,000 RPM is about 75/80mph(indicated so more likely 65-70 mph) I'd like to drop the revs a little as most of my use will be touring. I don't need it to be too zippy, so I'm thinking either a 16t on the front(if it fits?) or something like a 42t on the rear? Anyone done this?

5. What are the sprockets like, Nick? If they are a plain flat disc with five bolt holes, as fitted to bevels and Pantahs, then I have several spares in various sizes (PM me). If the design is different for the Elefant, then sorry can't help.

6. Thanks for the offer, but they're very different. They have six holes, in three sets of two!

7. Wasn't that the one on the mailing list Chris?

8. it might be Nick, memory is terrible - this one looks to be listed more realistically though, wasn't the other one sky-high price with no faults?

9. Do I need to now join this conversation thread? All down to Nutty Nick finding this one for me! In tomorrow for belts and oil change. Defo need to look at the rear shock! it's odd...

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Is Alec doing it Lewis?

11. Yep, collecting in morning.

12. Nice, and he knows his way around them pretty well by now as well!

13. nice bike Ministry - that's 4 Lucky Explorers between us, 5 including Mahout :)

14. Well first thing Alec called me with was "your shock is knackered, don't ride it until it's sorted" so it's off for a rebuild.

15. what mileage is yours on?

16. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Looks like mine ;-)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information