1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cagiva Elefant 750 1987

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by FAT MATT, Oct 20, 2012.

1. More ugly than a multi!

2. No way!!!!

You don't by any chance ride a 999/749 do you :wink:

3. I think they are gorgeous, the tank holds 4 more litres than a Multi so hopefully can be forgiven for looking a bit bulky.

4. The shock was dropped off for the rebuild today, couple if weeks to turn it around, including the spring being painted. Just trying to source an air filter.

5. ^ air filter is same as '95-ish vintage Fiat Panda with 'Fire' engine ^

6. filter - ebay item number - 260956169723 ?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Just got my Fant back after just over 3 weeks away. The oil hadn't been changed for two years and the belts for four years, so off it went to Ducati Pro Team. As always Alec does a great job and confirmed what I had expected, the shock needed rebuilding or replacing. So I got it refurb'd, including powder coating the spring. He then done oil change and belts. He also balanced the carbs, which has helped smooth the hanging it was having on the throttle. Advice is that they will need to be stripped and cleaned at a later date. Another job to add to the list is a front calliper strip, as it binds a little. The filter is not a K&N, but one similar. So no replacement needed. The ride back on wet roads was good. The shock now dampens as it should and I feel more comfortable on it. The rear is also slightly higher. I did notice that the neural light is now not working, so I need to check that out. What I did notice was a 2 way connector by the rear brake switch, and oil pressure sensor not connected to anything, any ideas? Looking forward to get out in it Sunday for a longer run.

8. No worries.

So last week on way home the battery was failing to charge and I managed to get two miles from home. Quick call home and I was picked up and returned with the battery. After a couple of hours on charge I returned to the bike and rode home.

Couple of days later I got checking. All wires and connectors were fine, although they all are in a bit if a mess! My testing concluded the reg/rec was faulty. But I didn't have the conviction to order a new one for sure. The testing was new to me, so off it went to Alec at Ducati pro team. He confirmed the reg/rec was faulty and ordered/fitted new one.

As the front calliper was also causing issues, I asked Alec to have a look at that too.

He confirmed it needed a strip and new seals and barrels. Mist concerning was the calliper mount was stripped and the bolt was only being held on by lock tight (spelling!). With that sorted is being dropped back tomorrow.

I think it's been in Alec's garage more than mine since I got it. So I hope that's it for now and I can enjoy some riding.

9. Still for sale according to the description

10. no, it has gone now as spoke to 'owner' and he sold it after someone made an offer outside of e-Bay. According to seller he got a sky-high figure for it considering the work that was needed and it almost has me believing some of the other valuation figures currently touted about ;-). The standard Elefant is amazing value for (current) money for what it is and I think people often get them confused with the Africa twin (which do go for 'those' prices).

• Like Like x 1
  11. How much did it sell for Chris?

12. Hi All,

Just registered and i have x2 Fants ( x1 blue and x1 LE) The blue one is in good nick with only 15K kms on it. The LE is in bits awaiting assembly with a rebuilt motor by Jeff at Baines.

Do i really need 2 of these or am i just being greedy ?. lol.

13. 2 is just fine! Stick some pictures up :upyeah:

14. I am up to 5 now so no you're not :) Both 750?

15. DSCN7534 (Copy).JPG DSCN7426 (Copy).JPG

lol, 5 !!!!. nice one Chris.

Nick, Hiya, they are fairly std bikes ( well the LE is in bits ) and there are already some great pics on here.

DSCN7534 (Copy).JPG

DSCN7426 (Copy).JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information