1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cal Crutchlow Back In Motogp

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by WeeDavey, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Replacing Dovi after Misano ‘til end of season.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ooohh, shame its not this weekend.
    Presumably he'll be expected to fare better than Dovi has to date so that will be interesting to see.

3. Lovely idea but only problem's that he's been out for so long he'll not be competitive in my mind.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. How about on a bike then?...:)

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Not sure if he’s race distance fit but as Yamaha’s test rider he must still be able to put in a pretty decent lap?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Exactly my thoughts on a yesterday man, but good luck to him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Hardly likely to threaten the pack anymore than anyone would on a bike run by a team who are leaving to Aprilia next season.

Never one for hanging back in what he thinks, although a company man now, it wouldn’t surprise me if after the race Cal was to say “I thought I went quite well, faster than I did when I joined Yamaha testing this very bike at the back end of 2020 ;)

8. Mike Hailwood managed it after a much longer lay off. I know Crutchlow is no Hailwood, but he is no mug either, but is still a world class rider
    and on the right bike will do well.

9. Cal Crashlow. Hmm, I hope the team have a large spares inventory.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Division 2 and no higher.!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wrong move in my opinion. A young hungry rider should be given the seat. Cal retired for a reason and I can’t see him being able to bring anything to the party at all. Disappointing news.

12. Tbh, the Satellite Yamaha ain’t setting the world alight and cal is a contracted yam rider, always been way to much hate for him, he has more talent in his little finger than all the haters, oh yea he’s British so got to hate, same old same old.

• Like Like x 4
  13. I’d have thought the answer was money. WithU have a bike no-one but FQ seems to be able to ride, they have signed to run satellite Aprilias for 2023 and Cal is being paid by Yamaha. All the hungry young riders you speak of, if they are any good, will already be under contract. Andy

14. They probably have to do as they are told by Yamaha?

15. Exactly maybe they think Cal can provide them with better data than Dovi was between now and the end of the season.
    Doubt theyve bought him back to win races!

16. The Yam is the new Honda, only Quat can ride it, it’s nice to see the Ape running at the sharp end, but what we really need is all the manufacturers in with a shout, at the moment it’s like a Ducati fest, shame to see Suzuki leaving and ktm need to get there shit together, I fear if dorna don’t act quickly then motogp will lose most of its audience.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information