1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling Aprilia Rsv4 Owners

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by cookster, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Hi guys I can't help but keep looking at the rsv4, it looks such a nice bike and I know there bloody quick, I've heard some horror stories with them though, can any owners shed some light on um please, there are a couple by me for sale could be tempted. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. What year and model are you looking at? I have an RSV4 RF and it's the best bike I've ever ridden for me personally but they are like the 1098R and need a lot of maintenance if you look at the service schedules.

I've just had mine serviced and the valve clearances checked and it was £510 inc vat. I didn't think that was too bad.
    Cassette gearbox so if the worst happens it's an easier fix than a non cassette box.

GreenOn on the forum owns an Aprilia dealership in Exeter which isn't too far from you. I bought my bike from them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thanks bud, the ones near me are 2015 onwards, there's 2 with ohlins and a base model one as well.

4. The RF with ohlins are the race engine and the base model is less BHP I was told by Aprilia performance. The 2015 onwards are the ones to have.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Uncle had one and I did so lust after it. What an engine. I’m waiting for them to stick it in a big multi/SMT/BMW XR style frame and I’ll be opening the wallet.

That said, I caught myself looking at a BMW R Sport the other day :scream:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’ve had 4 Aprilia’s and love them. Unfortunately I did have an issue with my Tuono 1100 where it would randomly cut out every now and then so I sold it. The engine is that good I’m still hankering for another.

Personally I found the RSV4 way too cramped, I’m 5,11” and have long legs. The Tuono is definitely the one to go for if you’re riding on the road, and arguably makes as good a track bike.

Get the >2015 RSV4 model with titanium valves, they seem to have cured any clearance issues that people experience.

Having ridden the Pani V4 I still don’t think it’s as good as the Aprilia, but it’s definitely much more comfortable!

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. I’ve had 3 RSV4’s still own one of them, also have a 1100 tuono. Great bikes I love them, though the early ones were very problematic . If the ones your looking at are 2016 you should be fine.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I've just had a look at the specs and the engines are the same on both models. The difference is the suspension and wheels which adds quite a lot of weight to the base model.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Had mine knocking on 8 years now....got the old pre aprc. One throttle body sensor failed in the garage about 3 years ago (bought one from a dorsoduro) for 20 quid. Mines done about 13k (valve check done 1k ago) 3 were out but not by much. It doesnt get a lot of use but when it does it gets used properly (which i would say is good for the motor). Coming under serious pressure to sell it recently (with my daughters University place in the bag) but im holding out as i love the thing...it makes you break the law just to hear the noise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Your only in Gloucester - your more than welcome to have a go on mine if you want....if you want to see what its all about.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. My RSV4 track bike is in the workshop in Chipping sodbury, your welcome to have a look as well, she has no bodywork on at the minute as its all at the sprayer.

12. Brand new rsv4rf all singing and dancing 5k off list at under 15k now....

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ridiculous bang for buck. 8k change compared to the Pani!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Awesome
    Looking
    Bike and sound motosexual

15. Id just like to add that it couldnt be any more further from state of the art with literally 0 electronics, but, its mapped and breathing perfectly.

16. If I’d have been after a sports bike not the street fighter type, I’d have had one

• Like Like x 2
  17. Great bikes cookster as all have said, defo get a decent test ride on one, I liked mine a lot (2014 APRC) but for some reason couldn't really get on with the seating position, its comfy I just didn't get on with it on the track so chopped it in for the R1 as comfy said you WILL spank it everywhere to hear that sound too!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. i would like an rsv4 to sit next to my tuono, I did think they may be too similar to justify both. Your thoughts please?

19. Id say pointless (thats why when i bought my z1000) i had the choice to buy a tuono but, its an rsv4 with straight bars and half fairing....a total waste of a choice...but thats me....ive got 4 bikes and theyre all chalk and cheese to each other for that exact reason...however just to add, the aprilia v4 motor is almost spellbinding to listen to...so having 2 wouldnt be a bad thing but....id say go for something totally different...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information