1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling Aprilia Rsv4 Owners

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by cookster, Oct 16, 2018.

1. I am on my 2nd RSV4 , the 1st , a 2011 APRC had a gearbox problem , which was fixed under warranty , but it took about 3 months to get the parts required from the factory in Italy.
    My current bike is a 2015 RSV4 RF , which has been pretty reliable , only problem I have had so far was a broken electrical connection block , when I was doing a trackday in Spain last year.
    Noise wise , mine has a full Akra system , so I only do noisy trackdays in the UK, i use the DB killer at Donington , Snetterton , Cadwell and Oulton ,I do Angelsey also and dont use the DB killer there.
    I am very pleased with the bike.

• Like Like x 1
  2. This is his bike from Cadwell. It's loud but there have always been bikes much louder on the 3 days we've done since he's had it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Yep, that can is HUGE compared to many. Like this...
    Screenshot 2019-01-02 at 18.35.47.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. That’s the can my uncle had (the akra). He chopped (had it chopped - he’d burn the house down if you gave him a spanner) down to just past the hanger

5. Much prefer longer cans.
    IMG_2336.JPG

6. Here you go chaps :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ready for a track day the mate??

8. We'll see...I need to replace the brake lever or somehow find the brake switch for by Brembo MC as I want to get it MOT'd

9. I know a good bike mot garage :p

Speak to bike torque racing they got loads of switches mate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The micro switch ?

11. Yes. I had one but suspect I may have given it away to someone in need :confused:

12. I have a couple I’ll never use. PM me your address I’ll get one in the post :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Posted :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I still have my current RSV4 (3rd one) as a track bike, absolutely love them and always wanted a dedicated track bike one, only done Silverstone so far with baffle in on a Leo Vince can, no problems. Well apart from coming off and completely smashing my collarbone as well as costing £2500 to fix the bike :oops:
    Bought a 2016 factory Tuono as well last year so I have a more comfortable position when riding on the road as my shoulder is still playing up., another op soon I think. The Tuono has an Akra can on, not a lot of difference between them really. I just love the sound these things make it’s epic.
    0ECB4B87-755B-47F9-97CC-7184028E73E2.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  15. they are to extreme for a lot of riders, I call it my playstation bike.
    you can always up a tooth on the front, they are pretty mental, but you will love it , think 1199 top end rush at the bottom end and you will get the idea :D

16. Sounds hectic. I have the RRV for track work and a 939sp for road use. I like the set up I have but can’t not admire and keep hankering over an RSV4

17. Trackday at Snetterton last summer on the RSV4

• Like Like x 4
  18. tbh, its a hilarious, amusing way to hear a moto gp soundtrack, while trying not to get caught for destroying speed limits. YOU NEED TO TRY ONE

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information