1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camping Stoves & Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by GunZenBomZ, Aug 1, 2017.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
  1. Got to update this thread as I'm about to have a major sorting out. With some new incoming gear to boot'

2. have you found Ion Fusion works then?

3. I also used to use a msr whisperlite, found it excellent in use, light and multifuelled. For the water purifier, a msr miniworks ex microfilter

4. I have a number of very novel fire starting kit. One of which is called the Ion flashlight fire starter from solo scientific :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Plenty of good advice above.
    Going camping is different than surviving the apocalypse.
    You will NEVER be dissapointed you bought the best hand made tool once the SHTF.
    But, if it doesn't, and your children don't want it, something less could have worked.
    Less is more
    Simple is better.
    Buy Strong and improve your skills instead of buying tools with tricks built in

There are twigs every single place you go.
    Remember, when you really need it... You don't need a stove, you need a fire.

Boil water on this, and even fry. Learn to dig 2 holes connected with a tunnel connecting them for being discreet. A Knife is all you need. Everything else is just a fire with some rocks to prop up a pan... Wait, you have a flat small stainless grill packed... You are a Gourmet.

A knife is never a saw.
    A saw is never a hatchet and neither is a knife.
    You need a good knife first and second...

This will keep you and others alive.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GTNB7K...olid=3L626LPYRQ3R6&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P19TCT...olid=3L626LPYRQ3R6&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Rex

6. Anyone started hunting the local sheep

7. @RexDangerVest a dakota fire hole is a very good way of concentrating the heat from the fire.

8. Yes that is exactly what I was referencing... Just could not remember the name. Once you do it a few times there is no reason to remember the name as long as you remember the how.

Thanks

Rex

9. No, but got a pair of velcro gloves (slightly used). :no_mouth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. My fave stove...
    00762C7B-4AC8-4EB5-B693-FD53D417BD8A.jpeg
    MSR Reactor...so called cos it’s like an effin nuclear reactor!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Having a tidy up & decided to congregate some of my many fire lighting methods. With a few extra items for bug lovers, to inspect their intricate beauty! Namely the clear plastic kit with surgical tubing from watkins & doncaster entomology webby.
    [​IMG]
    I have a few cool ones incoming & chemical methods are kept out of sight.
    [​IMG]
    At some stage I will do my collection of stoves & burners.

• Like Like x 1
  12. not very portable... but awesome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many a party around it.
    And many a meal prepared over it.

Rex

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. That looks very cool. can you really put it on a table and not scorch the table?
    would it melt a plastic table cloth?

Rex

14. And... I love this guys videos. Home bored... search his stuff.'
    BUT
    This just landed and is on topic

Rex

15. yes, we you can pick it up and carry it about when its on, with the lid on, its like an oven and you can cook a whole chicken in there.

16. washing machine drum?

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information