1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camping Stoves & Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by GunZenBomZ, Aug 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Yes, best thing ever! white porcelain or stainless no matter.
    When others have that deluxe fire pit put in... metal ring... stone around the side 2 feet tall...
    Looks great
    Everyone's feet are cold.
    This can be out in the yard...
    OR, for the win.
    top of the driveway... The ladies (wives) all remember that at Rex's their feet stayed warm (heats all the way to the floor) and Dry.
    They never had to walk across the damp grass when returning after a night out.
    Chairs never sink in the dirt...
    Close to the Bathroom and kitchen...
    The view through the holes is mesmerizing...
    Plenty of air circulation.
    Free most of the time. I bet you own 3 bricks or rocks of the same size already.

Just sit it on 3 bricks. It never hurt my Asphalt driveway.

Rex

2. Trangia kit 25 & 27 (smaller) with Kelly kettle in back ground.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Handy mess tins for stowing dried food & tinder.
    [​IMG]
    Trangia multifuel burner x2 inside 25 kit (large cooking system), with added Bernie Dawg cap & check out his y/t channel for expert videos. Trangia gas burner inside 27 kit.
    [​IMG]
    Packed away; I have fuel in two larger containers and take milk in the smallest.

#42 GunZenBomZ, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  3. Solo stove gear range, they've had there last coffers from me. As good as it is it's fucking expensive

[​IMG]
    Helped kickstart this & decided finally to get the bonfire spark arrester & all its other guff'
    [​IMG]
    Packed away & new kit ready for tonights christening'

#43 GunZenBomZ, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Ridgemonkey kit & poo discarding british folding spade!

[​IMG]
    Cooking system is called the quad connect & can either be used individually or as two units shown below.
    [​IMG]
    The toasters XL & larger combi-pan and range of cookware bags. Great gear & I just realized I left out their lights range,...night must come!
    [​IMG]
    Newer range comes with magnetic & detachable handles. Steamer kit & they do massive range of fishing gear.
    [​IMG]

#44 GunZenBomZ, Apr 7, 2020
  5. Firebox stove, it's worth mentioning that some of this cannot be ordered any longer from his website. There are outlets in the uk now'

[​IMG]
    The folding fireboxes are available in titanium, both the nano & central images are titanium. Which is like a third of the weight of the stainless version mind.
    [​IMG]
    Nano titanium fitted with trangia gas burner using fire-sticks & some larger ones for other ways of using the mini-stove.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This guy does some seriously awesome y/t videos now featuring his trained goat carriers! The only downside is that he burns his coffee with boiling water & catch-n-kills to many wild lake trout imho.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hopefully better image of titanium bluing' on both firebox 5" & nano.[​IMG]

#45 GunZenBomZ, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  6. SOTO stoves, fantastic Japanese kit! Quick shout-out for my still working 1998 coleman 533 dual fuel in picture 3.5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Got everything except the new stormbreaker stove twice or more.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Navigator cook set on left side and thermo stack system on right.
    [​IMG]
    Christening of the latest model, which does multi-fuel & gas!!
    [​IMG]
    Firing up with some liquid gas.
    [​IMG]
    Finishing off with liquid fuel'
    [​IMG]
    The navi duo handle on the blue stow bag, has a spring which makes moving pots & pans an absolute delight. Other manufactures wlll copy this simple novel trick.

#46 GunZenBomZ, Apr 7, 2020
  7. Jetboil gear
    [​IMG]
    Flash(2nd version), MiniMo & Joule systems
    [​IMG]
    Jetboil fluxring cooking pot & skillet (2nd frying pan version), both require pot-supports.
    [​IMG]
    Flipped over showing removal of fluxring on latest frying pan (2019 edition).
    [​IMG]
    Up on the flash & minimo burners.
    [​IMG]
    Packed up ready for adventures!
    [​IMG]

#47 GunZenBomZ, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Optimus kit on pause

Linking a product firebox use to sell & is a wonderful camping water cleaning device. Lunatec gear (ignore the spray tube lark) the bottle is a mister or sprayer.

#48 GunZenBomZ, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
  9. [​IMG]

Left; Optimus Crux Weekend HE Cook (.95 L) system & Crux gas burner.

Center; Optimus SVEA 123R stove (with built-in jet cleaning needle). And bits-n-bobs funnel+sieve/child-proof fuel bottles then the sparky piezo igniter.

Right; The Optimus Terra HE cookset panset 2 litre.

[​IMG]
    Semi-lit as the stove needs pre-heating to produce blue flame.
    [​IMG]

ps: Might throw up some other photos as I've had a tidy up of my camping kit. Such as the mentioned lunatec mister spray bottle & washing up device.

#49 GunZenBomZ, Aug 17, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  10. My goodness, there are some vey serious camping doohickies here! Some folks must be thinking that the Zombie Apocalypse will soon be upon us. Is there something you're not telling us newbies?

I tried camping a couple of years ago after a 25 year gap. I toured southern Ireland on my KTM for a week, I didn't take to it. After a hard day in the saddle I would arrive at the site and have the embuggerance of pitching my tent in the usual Irish breeze, eating and more importantly finding beer; much to the amusement of the other campers!

I quickly came to the conclusion that the memory of good times did not live up to the reality of camping in my fifties.

However, I still tour, I still "camp" and I still have a laugh but now I do it in this...

It has a fridge, TV, shite-box and a double bed. Daddy doesn't do roughing it; much more civilised!

P2260015.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  11. Had a large batch of items, knives, gas masks & other kit gathered up but had little time to organize & take images. Even worse I've got to fill containers with said gear & label them!!
    [​IMG]
    Final large haul from fireboxstove
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. This is why I stay in hotels...:p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I've used a car engine over the years to warm all sorts of things up.

When parking up to go shopping or the like it's easy to pop a pasty or sausage roll in foil in the engine bay to warm up.
    Lady Nasher and I have even used it to warm Baby food when our boys were young.

On trips to Devon Camping and boating we'd often drop some feathers over the side when we had to slow down outside Dartmouth harbour to catch Mackerel.

When the boat was recovered and trailered back to the campsite I'd gut the fish, wrap them in foil with some oil and pop them on the hot car engine whilst I went and had a shower.

They were nicely cooked through by the time I got back to the tent.
    I've also cooked Scallops and warmed pre-cooked noodles amongst other things that way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. everyone did that over here back in the day...
    except you seem to be cooking after you stopped. my experience has been to cook while driving. Just open a can of whatever (tiny opening for pressure release) and use some bailing wire to keep it sitting on the exhaust manifold as you drive down the highway

15. Meals on wheels! I thought I was getting on a bit.:)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information