1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can’t Believe I Did That.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alan williams, May 22, 2020.

1. Putting a kipper inside a heater vent on a mates car who had just gotten married and was about to drive to the lake district from the church in Essex, for his honeymoon. They both agreed it was funny.....about 4 months later.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Decided to ride from Dorset to Hertfordshire one evening on my moped

got about 40 miles and decided I couldn’t feel any of my extremities, turned round and rode home in freezing temperatures

got home about 2 in the morning , decided to run a hot bath as I just could not get warm

Hot water tank was empty so I sat in a lukewarm bath then collapsed in bed

:(

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. E7D3742A-652E-4527-A2A1-3663006F6320.png 83661EB5-F649-4B66-8646-E7CBE2A9F641.png Well I have to be honest to a mishap in the garden a few weeks ago and I know @West Cork Paul is a massive fan of my style of weeding in the garden - but I miscalculated in cleaning up some weeds round the hedge.

On the plus side no hedge to cut this year :confused:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. I feel your pain. I had exactly the same problem with exactly the same bike and was treated with scorn and derision on this forum as well! Bar stewards!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. No video of this one Brett? :astonished:

6. 743B099B-7D9C-4494-98C6-4D321C1B662A.jpeg
    I couldn’t upload the other one ( that didn’t go slightly wrong ) didn’t get the camera out spent too long trying to stop the trees going up this time but looks better now :innocent:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I’m a f*cking commercial barrister and yet I still keep all the boxes and packaging of everything I buy because when I was 7 that’s what my mum said you need to do if you want to take faulty goods back to the shop for a refund : unamused:

Those are just the boxes of the recently purchased stuff which are waiting to be added to main hoard in the loft

2B67C706-2E27-4C66-A487-5089F16F6D84.jpeg

#27 Zhed46, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Guilty as charged!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. I’m suddenly feeling like less of a weirdo :)

Although I think I still have boxes for things I no longer own....:neutral:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. The story above with the guy falling asleep on the ferry got me thinking (and remembering).

This is not really a "Can't Believe I Done That" as it brings back good memories. I used to go to the 'Bol d'Or' when it used to be at the Paul Ricard circuit in the south of France. I remember once that for for some inexplicable reason, me and a mate decided to go home in one shot. So, we left the circuit on Sunday afternoon (after watching for most of the night) and rode all the way to a French Channel Port (can't remember which one). We must of got there, at at least, at midnight but there was a trucker's boat that they let us on. I passed out sitting upside down (as you do) on some nice, comfy seat (it probably wasn't but I was past caring). We got into England in the morning. Can't remember which port -possibly Portsmouth, I rode home after no proper sleep for two nights (with not much better the previous two) - nobody went to the Bol to sleep!

On the way back to where I lived at the time, there are some good bends that I was a hero at Now newly inspired watching the racers at the Bol, I was even more of a hero. I chucked it down on one of the bends at about 10 am. That was on a Ducati Darmah, but I had throw-over panniers,a tent,a sleeping bag, and goodness knows what other shit. So that stuff saved the bike!.. Just got back on and rode the remaining bit home - as you do!

• Like Like x 4
  11. That's not as good as the "shipped the bike all the way from Yorkshire to Winchester because I stalled it" story.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Yes it is :) because it's true :yum

13. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Is the dog saying, "Who piled up all of this shit on the roof of my house?"?

15. 16 on a budget (skint) dt 50 autolube low of two stroke cooking oil substituted smelt like mobile chippy bike fucked pretty sharpish

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. Was walking on a slagheap near seafield (Bathgate area) with my then girlfriend and her dog I thought I’ll just impress her with my fantastic throwing abilities as I was pretty good at throwing stones and javelins and everything really, unfortunately my timing for release let me down a tad and the stone collided with her mouth (fuck emoji required at this point) we didn’t stay togeather long after that though maybe my dress sense or lack of bathing was the reason ...I’ll never know.

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. the old Bol was madness I went in 94 the launch of the 916 there was one on displa ( I’m sure it was then) they had a bullring my mate went in looked like he’d been in with frank bruno after

#37 Dirty Leeds, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  18. Gibraltar working
    Lady of the night
    Back of petrol station (la linea)
    Prepped
    Time for payment up front
    I needed change
    Good lady said she would go change the note
    Good lady never came back
    I struggled running as trousers round ankles
    I learned a lesson that night.

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Yes, the bullring! I think that I went something like '82-'84. There was that winding road down to the town (Bandol?) and supermarket to get supplies. I remember that it was a brilliant curvy road down towards the sea, I think that road was the one where Frank Williams had his crash and broke his back, when Williams went there for testing.

20. As a young apprentice got a nixer taking the roof off a conservatory and putting a proper sunroom roof on it on day one i striped all the polycarbonate off it and set about cutting the now useless rafters off it in prep for the proper pupies !!! A young fit skitz jumped up on ridge with a handsaw and started cutting !! turns out you cant sit on a ridge board and cut either side of yourself and not fall 10ft on to your asshole !! Agony for the rest of the job :sob:

#40 theskitz, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information